Contacts not getting updated in iCloud

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by rugved1118, Oct 4, 2014.

1. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

I would like to sync my contacts which are on iPhone 5 to iPhone 5S. I had previously synced using iCloud but now i am getting previously synced contacts and not the one which already exists. Can anyone help please ??

Sent from my iphone5

#1 rugved1118, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I'm not sure if you still have your 5, but this is what I would do:

Go to iCloud.com on a computer. Click on contacts. Ensure all contacts are there and the way you want them. Next, delete all contacts from your 5s by turning off contacts sync in Settings>iCloud>toggle contacts off. Ensure all contacts are deleted by opening your contacts app. Then go back to settings app and toggle contacts on under iCloud.

That should do the trick...

3. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hello,
    I have just figured out that new contacts are not getting added to the icloud...nor to my gmail. I have checked all the settings and it seems to be fine though. Can anyone please help ?

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

What settings? Where are you looking? All your contacts will sync to your phone if you restore it. Just like the photos. I don't think you understand how it works. There is no place where you "add" contacts to iCloud.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

5. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Whenever i add new contacts on my iphone, it does not get synched to my gmail account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You do not have to restore from a backup to sync contacts. They sync through Gmail and iCloud over the air. You can restore to factory settings, log into iCloud and then toggle contacts on and they will appear. You don't have to restore at all to get them on the phone - you can just log in.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Syncing contacts through multiple email accounts can cause conflicts exactly like you are describing. It's best to stick with one.
    If you want to use iCloud, toggle off contacts in iCloud, then go to your Gmail account in the Settings apps and toggle contacts on. Make sure they are toggled off for every other email account. They are on by default.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Exactly! That's what I did about 2 weeks ago. It was the only way I had to straighten out a few issues.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

9. JamessAnderson

JamessAnderson New Member

This could be the technical issue... Report it to the service to get things fixed. But first go to your contacts, click the 'Groups' button at the top left and click 'show all contacts' (if it is on 'hide all contacts') then click 'Done' but make sure the 'All iCloud' button has a check mark on it. I hope it works