Contacts on iTunes?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I've been trying to find where or how I can take all my phone contacts and put them into iTunes, that way I have another place to put them other than vzw back up. How do I do that? Thank you!

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I don't think you can actually store contact info in iTunes itself. Instead, iTunes can act as a vehicle to sync contacts with email accounts like gmail and yahoo. I'm guessing you use a Windows PC? You might look into using Outlook to create another backup of your contacts. One thing I do periodically on my Mac is to export my contact info from Address Book and store a copy on Dropbox or other cloud based service.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
The easiest way to do that (particularly if they are currently on your iPhone) is to back them up using iCloud. It's free and it will provide you with 5GB of storage initially, more than enough to do your contacts.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
The easiest way to do that (particularly if they are currently on your iPhone) is to back them up using iCloud. It's free and it will provide you with 5GB of storage initially, more than enough to do your contacts.
Yes, I should have added that iCloud is an alternative backup method.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Oh ok! Thank you. Yes they are backed up in iCloud