Contacts Sync problem

aazar

Nov 17, 2007
After the update, my contacts will not sync. Called Apple support and after 2 hours of trying different things and esclated to several support levels, they finally told me that engineering would contact me within 5 businesss days, they did not know what the problem was. NOT GOOD! I feel that I can get more help from this forum than Apple. Your help and comments will be appreciated. :mad:

Thanks,
Alex

gadgeTT

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Austin, TX
www.twikiland.org
Might have a workaround...

I had a similar issue on my Mac (10.5.1) and had a similar experience with Apple Support. Everything would sync except for Contacts. Whenever iTunes was set to sync contacts, the sync would abort with a message such as "Could not sync contacts because the iPhone disconnected." The only way I could get an error-free sync was to disable syncing of contacts. After trying just about everything with the tech rep on the phone, I thought I'd try the following, and it worked!

Connect your iPhone to iTunes. Go into the iPhone sync setup screens, click on the Info tab, and scroll all the way to the bottom. There are checkboxes to have your computer's content override the iPhone's on the next sync. I chose to have my Mac's "contacts" override the iPhone's and synced. Not only did it work, but my sync sessions have been flawless ever since.

Of course, YMMV, void where prohibited, yadda yadda.

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Have you tried restoring the phone? I have issues syncing contacts a lot with Outlook on XP SP2. Sometimes it helps to restore. It seems like every time they push out an update it screws up my syncing.