Contacts....

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I had my iPhone setup to sync my contacts with my mobile me (trial service) and I cancelled that service last night (just did not use it enough to justify the 100). Anyhow, when I tried to sync my contacts with address book (on the MAC) iTunes gave me a message stating that it could not sync contacts as the contacts app was open and I should close it in settings.

I checked settings and did not see any option for this. Also I powered off the phone twice and also did a hard boot. I even rebooted the MAC, all with no better luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks
~S

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Umm I really don't know what's going on. What I would try is to uncheck the box that says sync contacts, sync iPhone, then re-check the box and see is that works.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
Umm I really don't know what's going on. What I would try is to uncheck the box that says sync contacts, sync iPhone, then re-check the box and see is that works.
Good advice...but unfortunately that did not solve the issue either.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Sorry but I don't really know what could be wrong. I know this is a little bit of an extreme but maybe a restore will help you.. unless it is a problem with iTunes in which case you'd restore to find the same problem.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
Sorry but I don't really know what could be wrong. I know this is a little bit of an extreme but maybe a restore will help you.. unless it is a problem with iTunes in which case you'd restore to find the same problem.
I know a restore will help, I was just wondering if anybody else experienced this problem and may have found a solution.