Continually asked for Yahoo password

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by bberger4, Nov 14, 2013.

1. bberger4

bberger4 New Member

After updating to 7.0.3 on my iPhone 4, I am continually asked for my Yahoo password (I use their service to use Outlook mail). Whether I put in a password or not the pop up goes away for a while. Can I do anything?

Thanks
    Annoyed

Sent using iCafe app

2. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and delete the Yahoo account (if listed there). Then re-add it. Does that fix the issue?

3. bberger4

bberger4 New Member

Did it and solved the problem. Thanks

Sent using iCafe app

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yesterday was a bad day for me on my MBP and on my iPhone. Neither would send mail period. I removed the account from my iPhone and put it back on, and it didn't help. Now it's fine. Just crazy!

5. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I'm continually asked for the yahoo password for Facebook on my iPad 2. Months ago, I deleted that account connection to yahoo in favor of another email service fearing an account compromise through yahoo. I'm successfuly using that new relationship on my iPad, my iPhone and my MBP in association with that other service's email account but I'm still asked, just about daily, for the yahoo password for Facebook on the iPad. I've tried deleting the FB app on the iPad, deleting the account in settings and resetting the device all to no avail. Sigh!
    YMMV

Sent using iCafe app

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

When logged into FaceBook it will still ask for your Yahoo password?
    If so, I'd check Facebook-Account Settings-Apps. May have one in there still associated to that old Yahoo account.

7. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Nope, never when accessing FB. It merely pops up after several minutes of using the iPad for anything else; maybe 20, 30 or more.

Sent using iCafe app