Continually asked for Yahoo password

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bberger4

Mar 23, 2009
After updating to 7.0.3 on my iPhone 4, I am continually asked for my Yahoo password (I use their service to use Outlook mail). Whether I put in a password or not the pop up goes away for a while. Can I do anything?

Thanks
Annoyed

Sent using iCafe app

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and delete the Yahoo account (if listed there). Then re-add it. Does that fix the issue?
Yesterday was a bad day for me on my MBP and on my iPhone. Neither would send mail period. I removed the account from my iPhone and put it back on, and it didn't help. Now it's fine. Just crazy!

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I'm continually asked for the yahoo password for Facebook on my iPad 2. Months ago, I deleted that account connection to yahoo in favor of another email service fearing an account compromise through yahoo. I'm successfuly using that new relationship on my iPad, my iPhone and my MBP in association with that other service's email account but I'm still asked, just about daily, for the yahoo password for Facebook on the iPad. I've tried deleting the FB app on the iPad, deleting the account in settings and resetting the device all to no avail. Sigh!
YMMV

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I'm continually asked for the yahoo password for Facebook on my iPad 2. Months ago, I deleted that account connection to yahoo in favor of another email service fearing an account compromise through yahoo. I'm successfuly using that new relationship on my iPad, my iPhone and my MBP in association with that other service's email account but I'm still asked, just about daily, for the yahoo password for Facebook on the iPad. I've tried deleting the FB app on the iPad, deleting the account in settings and resetting the device all to no avail. Sigh!
YMMV
When logged into FaceBook it will still ask for your Yahoo password?
If so, I'd check Facebook-Account Settings-Apps. May have one in there still associated to that old Yahoo account.