Apr 3, 2008
Trying to decide on a case for the iPhone

I seem to have narrowed to these 2 choice

Contour Showcase for $35
http://www.contourcase.com/showcase/showcaseiPhone/
vs
Seido Innocase/Holster or $50
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=950

I like the idea that the Showcase protects the bootom/top of the front of the phone a bit..but this is a small issue as I got a screen protector from Brando(same place as for my X50v pda)

I like the look of the Innocase a bit more...anyone have both...

any thoughts thanks

Neal

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hi Neal,

Let me strongly recommend the Contour Showcase to you. I've had it since I first got my iPhone (about two weeks ago), and I absolutely love it! I also bought screen protectors from dLo (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...Phone&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1202650703202) which are absolutely awesome!

The Showcase is very nice, very secure and the belt holster holds the phone in tight. The only thing is that it takes a fingernail (I actually have to use one of my credit cards), to flip the vibrate/silent switch off. It's not really a big deal considering how much protection the Showcase is providing the iPhone.

I would highly recommend this to you!

Hope this helps,

--
Shane H

cu0ngsayz

Bronze
Mar 10, 2008
showcase for me too.. i have one and it was a 40 dollar well spent for a lifetime of protection....

thetonyclifton

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
I have the innocase, incase slider and agent 18 and have played with a lot of other cases including the showcase.

I have to say that the innocase is the best I have and have tried, small, good texture, oozes quality.

I have nothing negative to say about the innocase, although personal preference may mean that some do not like the exposed parts of the chrome bezel, which I personally think adds to the overall look of quality.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
I have the innocase, incase slider and agent 18 and have played with a lot of other cases including the showcase.

I have to say that the innocase is the best I have and have tried, small, good texture, oozes quality.

I have nothing negative to say about the innocase, although personal preference may mean that some do not like the exposed parts of the chrome bezel, which I personally think adds to the overall look of quality.
Thanks everyone..nice info

Sounds like I cant make a bad choice...any other thought by anyone else or does this sum it all up

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109

This guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about.;)

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
I ordered a Blue Innocase w/holster from Seidio
Should be here tomorrow

bry279

Bronze
Apr 3, 2008
Mine is the showcase also - works -looks great
(which was just a matter of funds at the time)

but has anyone ever thought of the iwood?
in oak, padouk, cherry, mahogony or walnut?
engravable, monogram...
Looks sweet, but $100...

http://www.miniot.com/miniot/index.htm

just curious

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
I really dislike the look of the Innocase...oh well, to each his own, I assume...

--
Shane H
I just got the Innocase...If I had seen it in person probalbly would not have paid $50
The Blue is not as blue as the website showed
it is a real pain in the ass t oget the lower portion off the iPhone

it seems ok...just way over priced...cant say I "feel" the quality over any other iPhone case I saw at the Apple store

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
Mine is the showcase also - works -looks great
(which was just a matter of funds at the time)

but has anyone ever thought of the iwood?
in oak, padouk, cherry, mahogony or walnut?
engravable, monogram...
Looks sweet, but $100...

http://www.miniot.com/miniot/index.htm

just curious
Wow those actually like kinda nice, but you'll probably get a splinter when you take it out your pocket.

ssschmidt

Oct 4, 2008
Innocase

+1 for the innocase. I had one of these cases & holster for my AT&T Tilt. Got one as soon as it was available for the 3G. Only thing it's missing is the screen protector. (IMHO). The holster is great also.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have the Showcase for the iPhone 3G.

According to the Seidio website, the holster has a "face-in" design to protect the iPhone screen. So, I assume that you cannot put it in "face-out."

You can have your iPhone either face-in or face-out. Sometimes I like to put it face-out because I just want to look at the time.

Although the Showcase case itself is a bit bulky, I do notice that the sides reduce the glare a little bit and when you make a call less of your face skin is directly on the screen. I notice I have less oil & sweat to clean after a call (gross!)

And for a hard case, the Showcase has a great one-piece design. I also have a Griffin Wave case which came off after a 5-foot accidental fall. While it DID protect it from major damage, the bezel did get a little scuffed.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I've got the Showcase and it's been a great case. However it does add a lot of bulk and once you get the clear part scratched, it looks rough.

It's time to bring sexy back....I'm trying the InCase Slider.

garthgirl

Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I got my Ivy Quattro T4 about a week ago and it is really pretty and protects everything. The glass screen is perfect, no difference in touch pressure at all, very sensitive. The look is smooth and sophisticated. The only downside I have had is I was so eager to put it on that I didn't bother to clean everything first, and it is a ***** to take off! So just be sure to get everything totally clean and smudge free, put it on, and you are set and your 'baby' is very protected.