Contract has to be up for 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Sam91, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Sam91

Sam91 Member
    Bronze

So I got my iPhone 4 the same week it came out last year.. But now I'm just itching to get the 4S. I checked my eligibility and it says I'll be able to get in march for $199 and $299. So there's no way I can get it earlier for the same price?

2. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

You'll have to say pretty please...and don't forget to bring each of the employees a coffee! ;)

3. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

This has been brought up numerous times but you signed a 2 year contract. Your bill is probably under $100/month before taxes so you must wait 18 months to upgrade. over $100/month pretax and you can upgrade in 12 months

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I got mine end of July of last year and I got AT&T to upgrade me early. I'm just waiting for my phone.
    I pay less than $90 a month.
    Call, be polite, ask if there's anything they can do, even few weeks would be awesome, if she/he says there's nothing they can do ask if a manager might be able to help and ask to talk to them even if they have to call you back. Also mentioning that you want to buy from them instead of Apple might help, and that you know others that have been upgraded earlier.
    It worked for me. Good luck.

Just don't mention my name :D

5. Tonynlia

Tonynlia Member
    Bronze

Only got my 4 in June so can't really justify buying the 4s ,gonna wait till next year for the 'new iPhone 5'

6. Sam91

Sam91 Member
    Bronze

Haha so pretty please does work! Bennyboy how long did the whole process of persuading take for them to give in? Me and my cousin are on the same plan. We pay about $180 a month. I found out today he's eligible but he doesn't want it.. So lk uhh can I just buy it for me on his acct and switch my sim Into the 4? Just trying I find any ideas haha

7. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I Called the first, manager called me the 7th, I order the 8th and my order was confirmed the 9th. The order now says processing.
    it's worth the shot.

8. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I'm not sure how sim cards work but you should be able to do, my family has done that on Verizon by going to carrier so that we alway get subsidized pricing. So that sounds like a good option but maybe call AT&T to ask if switching sim cards would work.