Contract prices?

the_monitor

Bronze
Sep 30, 2008
MA
Hey guys. I have been here for a little while (lurking and learning about the iPhone) and I was just wondering what your monthly bill looks like? I am leaving Verizon after like 8 years two weeks from today to get a 3G. I have done a lot of research (with the help of this site) and I am very excited. I am planning on doing the basic voice plan with the unlimited texting. The only person I call is my girlfriend and she has ATT so its no big deal. Sorry if I am rambling. ;)

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Mine is $99.02 a month after Taxes. I have 900 Minute Plan with 1500 Text Messages. I also get a Corporate Discount (I think 14%)

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I have 450 minutes (billion minutes rolled over), unlimited texts to AT&T phones and the iPhone plan. I also get a 24% discount through my company. My bill is just under $69 a month.

the_monitor

Bronze
Sep 30, 2008
MA
I believe thats what plan I am going to do....minus the discount. I figure I will accumulate a ton of minutes like you did. You get rollover on all plans and not just the family ones correct? Thanks for all the responses guys.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I have an individual plan and get rollover yes.

Not sure if the $9.99 text plan is around anymore though?

I believe thats what plan I am going to do....minus the discount. I figure I will accumulate a ton of minutes like you did. You get rollover on all plans and not just the family ones correct? Thanks for all the responses guys.

the_monitor

Bronze
Sep 30, 2008
MA
Fair enough, I am doing the unlimited texting one regardless. I do a ton of txting but its pretty much always to people who have Verizon....I think its for the better.....ugh, 2 weeks wont pass quick enough. I wanted an iPhone for awhile, my original ipod broke and I was going to buy a new one until I realized my cell contract was up in a few months so I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and buy an iPhone.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
If you get an iPhone, make sure you get it from the Apple store and not AT&T.. Returns/exchanges are so much easier if you purchase from them. Believe me, you will be going to the Apple store many, many, many, many, many times exchanging your phone, due to faults.

Fair enough, I am doing the unlimited texting one regardless. I do a ton of txting but its pretty much always to people who have Verizon....I think its for the better.....ugh, 2 weeks wont pass quick enough. I wanted an iPhone for awhile, my original ipod broke and I was going to buy a new one until I realized my cell contract was up in a few months so I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and buy an iPhone.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
You will not be disappointed. The iPhone is a fantastic device, I know that for me AT&T's service is not quite as good as Verizon (Here in Southern Arizona) although it does appear to improve monthly. Good luck with your purchase, the roll over minutes are fantastic, I sure wish Verizon had something like that.

the_monitor

Bronze
Sep 30, 2008
MA
I was actually planning on getting from ATT, because the Apple store is so far away and because I am porting my number from a contract that is under my mothers name...I am not sure how helpful they will be....perhaps I will make the trip. I have done my research here and I know about all the replacements. ATT in the Massachusetts area is almost as good as Verizon, so I am not too worried about the service. I appreciate all the help here

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Correct me if im wrong, but i believe when they activate your iPhone you will get a brand new number.

My bill is $105.84 a month With 450min + Unlimited texts. I don't get any discounts like some of the other ppls. I text a lot more than i talk, and 450min as well as those 5000N&W you get keeps me from going over my minutes.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I was unlocked on T-mobile and had...
-350min, unlimited weekends(Later changed to 1000min a month)
-Unlimited text
-t-zones

All totally up to 54.60 a month on a flexpay account!:laugh2:

the_monitor

Bronze
Sep 30, 2008
MA
Damn, now thats a cheap plan. I still think my other plan is the way to go. I don't plan on jail breaking it.......until I get bored of it haha

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Oh trust me...get comfortable with your normal iPhone....but when the lust boils and consumes your mind...like a plague you WILL jailbreak.

Come to the dark side.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I was actually planning on getting from ATT, because the Apple store is so far away and because I am porting my number from a contract that is under my mothers name...I am not sure how helpful they will be....perhaps I will make the trip. I have done my research here and I know about all the replacements. ATT in the Massachusetts area is almost as good as Verizon, so I am not too worried about the service. I appreciate all the help here

I bought both mine and my wifes original and 3g iPhones at the AT&T store and have had ZERO problems with exchanges .I have done them both through Apples mail exchange and at the Apple store in Albuquerque. ( i am in Lubbock) 320 miles to the closest Apple store

If you don't want to make the trip to your Apple store AT&T will be fine . also you can port your number from verizon too a buddy of mine ported his from altel when he got his iPhone

ENJOY THAT iPhone :))

GOOOOOO RED RAIDERS

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I bought both mine and my wifes original and 3g iPhones at the AT&T store and have had ZERO problems with exchanges .I have done them both through Apples mail exchange and at the Apple store in Albuquerque. ( i am in Lubbock) 320 miles to the closest Apple store

If you don't want to make the trip to your Apple store AT&T will be fine . also you can port your number from verizon too a buddy of mine ported his from altel when he got his iPhone

ENJOY THAT iPhone :))

GOOOOOO RED RAIDERS
Getting exchanges is not the problem, it's whether or not you get a brand new iPhone vs Refurbished iPhone. If you buy directly from Apple and have a problem with your iPhone during your first 14 days they will exchange with brand new iPhone. If you buy from AT&T, Best Buy you will get a refurb no matter what.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
Correct me if im wrong, but i believe when they activate your iPhone you will get a brand new number.

My bill is $105.84 a month With 450min + Unlimited texts. I don't get any discounts like some of the other ppls. I text a lot more than i talk, and 450min as well as those 5000N&W you get keeps me from going over my minutes.
Wait, you pay $105.84 per month with a single line, unlimited texts and 450 minutes a month? I apologize if that's a stupid thing to ask and it's common knowledge, but I've had a bit of trouble getting a straight answer about monthly rates without just posting a new thread. If you do pay that much for a single line though, I think I'll be getting myself one.

*crosses fingers*

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
A hundred dollars a month on my McDonalds salary a month for a phone bill would have to be the craziest thing to ever do:p
-I got the same thing on T-mobile with more minutes for nearly half the price lol!