Control your PC remotely using the iPhone

Mar 11, 2008
I just did this today, and while its not perfect, it is still very useful!

Here are the instructions on how to get started....

1. Go to www.logmein.com[url] and install th....com/2134/2327389987_010af4b324.jpg?v=0[/img]

Apple124

Bronze
Mar 11, 2008
theres something out there for mac just like that.
don't remember the name, but it was on here not to long ago.
i tried it, it was pretty cool, but it was only a trail version.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Hmm.. I'm debating with myself about whether or not this is spam. One post, and he's linking to a site... yet it seems un-spam-like. I suppose I'll let it pass.

- John

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Question

I just did this today, and while its not perfect, it is still very useful!

Here are the instructions on how to get started....

1. Go to www.logmein.com[url] and install th...ting the screen shots off your phone? Thanks

Mar 11, 2008
How are you getting the screen shots off your phone?

Thanks
I used the native application "ScreenShot", available through STE Packaging using the Installer app(on jailbroken iPhones)

@John- Yeah, its my first post, but I never had anything useful to say before. :p

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I used the native application "ScreenShot", available through STE Packaging using the Installer app(on jailbroken iPhones)

@John- Yeah, its my first post, but I never had anything useful to say before. :p
Alright. Thanks for clarifying that. Welcome to the site!

- John

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
has any one tried it ? it looks good because u can see the hole desktop, but im not at home to try it yet

pactouch

Mar 13, 2008
I just tried it and when I select remote control the screen on the iPod Touch stays black. However if I try to access remote control on my PC it asks me to install some ActiveX stuff and then it logs in to my remote PC normally.

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I tried it, it worked, I'll probably never use it again.
But thanks for telling me about it.

pactouch

Mar 13, 2008
Why doesn't it work for me? :mad:

You just installed the software on your computer via the webpage and then logged in to the webpage from the iPod touch and selected the computer and then remote control, nothing else, yes?

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Why doesn't it work for me? :mad:

You just installed the software on your computer via the webpage and then logged in to the webpage from the iPod touch and selected the computer and then remote control, nothing else, yes?
Yep, that's all I did. Maybe you have to have an iPhone and not an iPod Touch. I don't know.

pactouch

Mar 13, 2008
That would be very weird. But is your iPhone jailbroken?

Edit: I just tried it again and I noticed that it asks me to install a plugin for mac. Did you install this plugin? Installation doesn't work for me - Safari tells me it couldn't load the file.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I still would use caution, going to a site to allow remote access, posted by a one time poster. I am not saying that the OP is doing anything wrong, but there is an old saying. Watch, as well as pray...Mark

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Yeah....logmein is a nice site to use, actually.

Mar 11, 2008
For those that have JB their phone, you can also use VNSea.

GREAT VNC client for the iPhone. :)
VNsea is superior to this.... if you can get it to work. I have tried EVERYTHING, and I still can't connect when I am outside of my home network.
I'm pretty sure the problem lies with one or both of my ISP's, T-Mobile(iPhone) or Comcast. I know it isn't a problem with VNsea because I can log into my friend's server using it(he lives in a different city and has a different ISP). I know it isn't my server/router because he can access my server with UltraVNC Viewer(he doesn't have an iPhone to test VNsea). Its so frustrating.

VNsea is superior to this.... if you can get it to work. I have tried EVERYTHING, and I still can't connect when I am outside of my home network.
I'm pretty sure the problem lies with one or both of my ISP's, T-Mobile(iPhone) or Comcast. I know it isn't a problem with VNsea because I can log into my friend's server using it(he lives in a different city and has a different ISP). I know it isn't my server/router because he can access my server with UltraVNC Viewer(he doesn't have an iPhone to test VNsea). Its so frustrating.
What kind of errors/problems are you having? Maybe I can help you from here?

Mar 11, 2008
What kind of errors/problems are you having? Maybe I can help you from here?
Actually, the problem was that I was using T-Mobile "T-Zones" for my data connection on the iPhone. Unfortunately, T-Zones has pretty much all ports closed, so using VNC isn't possible.
I just switched back to the regular data plan and everything is good.

Actually, the problem was that I was using T-Mobile "T-Zones" for my data connection on the iPhone. Unfortunately, T-Zones has pretty much all ports closed, so using VNC isn't possible.
I just switched back to the regular data plan and everything is good.

Ok... glad I could help! ;)

:p

pactouch

Mar 13, 2008
Hey guys!

Could somebody (without Jailbreak) please tell me if that logmein.com stuff is working for him? Thanks!