Convert .mov to .mp4

Henshin

Oct 20, 2008
Is there any free program that I can use to convert a .mov file to a .mo4 file to upload to YouTube?
Whoa, take a deep breath before you work up an upload rage. Before you upload the new "Speed Taker X HD" trailer you downloaded from Apple trailer website--which BTW is already prefectly streamable, and happens to be the source for all those so-not-HD "HD trailers" uploaded to Youtube--you might want to run a search on Youtube to see if there aren't already 15 identical copies of the same crappy FLV.

As a reminder: that h.264 codec used in AVI, MKV and MOV results in quality clips. That rubbish codec Adobe stuffed into FLV, not so much. If you really must (there are always choices), please read this before you proceed. And remind yourself that to go to Youtube format from MOV, the steps are: MOV >some quality loss> MP4 >quality out the window> FLV. And consider: your MOV may look glorious in 1080p, but your final product on Youtube will be less than pirated RMVB quality. Is that what you like to show off to your friends, when a simple direct Apple trailer URL will do? That's for you to decide.

luckgreenlucky

Bronze
Jun 4, 2010
www.goodscool.com
I advise that you can try the Macvide iPod Converter ,I usually use this , also you can search on Baidu , maybe you can get more answer .

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Whoa, take a deep breath before you work up an upload rage. Before you upload the new "Speed Taker X HD" trailer you downloaded from Apple trailer website--which BTW is already prefectly streamable, and happens to be the source for all those so-not-HD "HD trailers" uploaded to Youtube--you might want to run a search on Youtube to see if there aren't already 15 identical copies of the same crappy FLV.

As a reminder: that h.264 codec used in AVI, MKV and MOV results in quality clips. That rubbish codec Adobe stuffed into FLV, not so much. If you really must (there are always choices), please read this before you proceed. And remind yourself that to go to Youtube format from MOV, the steps are: MOV >some quality loss> MP4 >quality out the window> FLV. And consider: your MOV may look glorious in 1080p, but your final product on Youtube will be less than pirated RMVB quality. Is that what you like to show off to your friends, when a simple direct Apple trailer URL will do? That's for you to decide.
Wow... that's quite a snarky response.

Daíthí

Oct 17, 2010
I usually use DVDvideosoft. You get a lot of extra file converters with it

Nov 25, 2010
Try freemake video converter, pretty good free video converter I have used.