converted videos for iPhone are cut off on sides

Aug 6, 2007
so I've been using videora to convert some movies to be viewed on the iPhone. the problem is that when I watch the videos, they are cutoff on the sides when I zoom it in to fullscreen but and when I zoom out I can see the whole thing but there's black at the top and bottom wasting screen space. so how can I fix the resolution or whatever it is so I can watch it correctly?

thanks in advance :laugh2:

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
so I've been using videora to convert some movies to be viewed on the iPhone. the problem is that when I watch the videos, they are cutoff on the sides when I zoom it in to fullscreen but and when I zoom out I can see the whole thing but there's black at the top and bottom wasting screen space. so how can I fix the resolution or whatever it is so I can watch it correctly?

thanks in advance :laugh2:
Mmmmm, that's normal - when your widescreen movie fits width wise, it will thereforee leave space top and bottom of the screen.

You'd have to distort the image to fill the screen in both directions, leaving people looking extra tall and thin!

You either watch widescreen with the bars, or fullscreen with L&R sides missing.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
im not trying advertise anything but if you have 29 dollars, buy the qiPhone converter
its of course not free, but it gives you plenty of choices to choose from, such as quality and sounds. the picture is crystal clear though, lik elooking at the hd tv :p

or not use the handbrake. not sure how to operate it but people said its good

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Well to me... Sounds more like when you "Zoom in" your looking at the screen in a 4:3 aspect ratio vs a 16:9 when zoomed out.

I'll stick to slysofts products..