Converting cd's using iTunes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
What's the best setting for ripping songs, or does it just depend on your preferences? I just realized that I ripped a couple hundred songs all in ACC 128kbps. Is there a difference if I set the preferences to MP3 128kbps? I listened back and they sounded fine. Could this be a way to save space and possibly add more songs? I think I was in the neighborhood of around 600-700mb and I had ripped probably 7-8 full cd's.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
What's the best setting for ripping songs, or does it just depend on your preferences? I just realized that I ripped a couple hundred songs all in ACC 128kbps. Is there a difference if I set the preferences to MP3 128kbps? I listened back and they sounded fine. Could this be a way to save space and possibly add more songs? I think I was in the neighborhood of around 600-700mb and I had ripped probably 7-8 full cd's.
I prefer to rip all of my cd's into mp3 format vs aac, if the sound quality is ok for you at 128kbps then stick with that, I prefer 192kbps.

MP3 offers the best compatibility across all of the different devices I use, so I just stick with that.