convince me to buy the iPhone generation 1- explanation inside:)

iphone62907

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
anyway, i had a few iPhone 3G's, BEFORE the 2.1 update. battery sucked, dropped calls, freezing, etc. anyway after 2.1 came out, i wanted to get the 3G again, but AT&T said my account wont let me as I have already had the maximum amount of 3G iPhones. is it worth buying a v1 iPhone?

-there is no 3G service where I'm at school right now, so that doesn't matter, and I always left it off to conserve battery at home where 3G is available.

-the gps is nothing special, plus all my cars have navigation.

my main concern is battery, and will all the apps work on the v1 iPhone? is the v1 outdated? is there a speculation for another iPhone in june/july?

is the software identical? meaning are the screens and software going to be identical and look the same

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
is it worth buying a v1 iPhone?

my main concern is battery, and will all the apps work on the v1 iPhone? is the v1 outdated? is there a speculation for another iPhone in june/july?

is the software identical? meaning are the screens and software going to be identical and look the same
Yes it is worth it if you can find one at a reasonable price.
My battery was always good on the V1 and if you upgrade to 2.1 is should do just fine. There is always the possibility of another phone next year, but I wouldn't wait on that.
The software is identical and you can still use the App Store and/or jailbreak.
I say go for it.

Timm

Mar 27, 2008
Not much of decession, bigger hard drive for $299.00
Its a no braniner, looks slicker then gen 1, has GPS.

Sound is better.

If you have to ask the questions then I wouldn't buy.

Its works fine for the $299 price and we use ours on Tmobile for 1/2 the cost of ATT.