Conving Others To Buy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Convincing Others To Buy

I was wondering if anyone has convinced any of their friends to buy an iPhone whether purposefully or indirectly. I have a friend or two that are seriously considering buying the phone when they were initially skeptical.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I could have convinced several people. But I generally hold back and tell them to wait. I don't wanna hear it if they regret it!

P.S. - You can modify a topic description (at least I think so--not sure if you can do it after replies have come in).

--
Mike

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I don't try to convince people because I could careless....if they want it badly enough, then they will buy it. Honestly, after waiting in line for 9 hours on iday answering 1500 questions from people I grew sick of explaining iPhone to anyone. Everyone I have shown it to have either told me they want one or it is amazing.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I've had several friends saying that this will be their next phone. I have heard "waiting on christmas"......."when my contract expires"......."when tax time rolls around". Luckily for me I saw the keynote and knew instantly that I would want one. So I decided to not get an iPod but to get the phone. (really glad I made that decision) and saved up the cash and bought one. But to answer your question, I haven't had to convince anyone to get one. The phone does that for itself. The few people who were not amazed with this phone reaked of envy and jealousy, but that has been very few! (and I expect to see them getting one if the price drops to fit their budget.......or lack of a budget.....whichever you prefer.) Oh yeah....my wife wanted a razor when I was going to get my iPhone, her contract wasn't up so she had to wait. Come November, she decided to get an iPhone!:p:p

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
Other half

My other half finally played with mine, while on a trip. He has to get one now. He has ordere a case, car adapter, but still saving for the iPHone.

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I should work for Apple! I've basically sold an iPhone to everyone that I've seriously talked to about it. All of the people I know that have purchased one since me have a screen protector and the same case. It's kind of fun. I plan to buy everyone in the fam one (that hasn't gone out and gotten one on their own) for Xmas.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I was wondering if anyone has convinced any of their friends to buy an iPhone whether purposefully or indirectly. I have a friend or two that are seriously considering buying the phone when they were initially skeptical.
I don't care what my friends have...I care what I have. So nope.