COOL cigarette lighter/charger/aux/mount! BEST MOUNT!

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I'd be happier if it were taller and held the iPhone a bit more securely.

Also no stated iPhone compatibility yet, although it does list the iPod touch.

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I do like the audio out connection but yeah I wanting for iPhone compatibility with the head unit as well.

Dec 23, 2007
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
The goose neck isn't long enough, and you can't use this with a case. Not for me.

I do use the older Griffin car charger, with the line out, and it's great. Combine that with your favorite universal clamp, and you have a winner.

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
I had the first one.... piece of shi^. The thing at the end broke off in my cigarette lighter. After that is kept popping off. I also think the phone is to heavy to be supported by something like that.

Emma Peel

Dec 6, 2007
Personally I am waiting for this one.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=390447

This link points to the Touch version but they have a iPhone version in April.

I have an older version for an iPod Mini and its awesome.

Yes haters I know it has an FM broadcast on it. There is also an AUX out from the bottom. Personally I want the FM as well. Yes I know FM sucks compaired to AUX out but sometimes you just don't have that option. I like using it in rental cars.

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
The goose neck isn't long enough, and you can't use this with a case. Not for me.

I do use the older Griffin car charger, with the line out, and it's great. Combine that with your favorite universal clamp, and you have a winner.
older griffin car charger? can you link me to what that is? Thanks

Dec 23, 2007
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
Aug 7, 2008
I'm currently using the Tuneflix with an iPhone 3G. While the iPhone pops up with a notice that this isn't made for the iPhone, it never-the-less works fine charging as well as porting the audio through the aux audio port. None of the cradle adapters fit perfectly. One of the Ipod adapters fit ok but is a bit off. The one made for the iPodTouch doesn't fit at all but may fit fine after being modified (cutting the back side). I haven't done this yet so don't quote me, but I plan to since this seems to be a more stable cradle, especially when the iPhone is flipped sideways for videos.

Some say that the neck is not long enough. I've used on on both my cars, one's an SUV and the length seems fine. Any longer and I'm afraid it would be subject to a lot a shaking and vibration. Hope this helps.

I have two of the old Belkin charger with the AUX audio in each of my cars. The Audio ports just fine, but the charger doesn't work with the iPhone. The iPhone's VERY VERY picky about what will charge it. Had to chuck a few of my old iPod chargers even though they worked fine with my iPod Photo.