cool device for your iPhone

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
hey. im not trying scam or advertise anything, but today i ran into this product from a magazine
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/de...&cm_cat=adwords&cm_pla=Batteries&cm_ite=upb10
its like an external battery device that allow you to charge your mp3, iPhone,, phones, psp. ect (through usb or mini usb cable)
up to 55 hours it said.. pretty amazing product don't you think?
i was thinking about buying one for my iPhone for those long trips and car rides or even emergency power supply
so if any of you had it, please tell me who awesome it is. :laugh2:

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
its okay i guess.. but i lolled at:

"the Mobile Power Pack is a necessity for any mobile user."

RLK

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Indialantic, FL
hey. im not trying scam or advertise anything, but today i ran into this product from a magazine
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/de...&cm_cat=adwords&cm_pla=Batteries&cm_ite=upb10
its like an external battery device that allow you to charge your mp3, iPhone,, phones, psp. ect (through usb or mini usb cable)
i was thinking about buying one for my iPhone for those long trips and car rides or even emergency power supply
I have one of these and it works great for the iPod. I am in email contact with APC to see if it is supported for the iPhone as well. They will neither confirm or deny the support. I have tried it with the iPhone and it seems to work, but, it drains the pack faster than with the ipod. But, you can use all of the features while charging. There is also a model that is powered by batteries.

cj sparrow

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Colorado
CDW is a reputable dealer. HOWEVER, before you hook anything up to your iPhone, double check to make sure it is indeed compatible with the iPhone. Personally, I'm waiting for an external battery device similar to what is available for iPods. Something that you can charge and attach to the back of the iPhone and then plug into the dock connector at the bottom of the phone. These have always worked well for me.

So, I'm waiting for one of these devices to appear.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I have one of these and it works great for the iPod. I am in email contact with APC to see if it is supported for the iPhone as well. They will neither confirm or deny the support. I have tried it with the iPhone and it seems to work, but, it drains the pack faster than with the ipod. But, you can use all of the features while charging. There is also a model that is powered by batteries.
thats cool. but do you know how many more hours can it provide for my iPhone once its plugged in?
and is it worth buying?

elboodaa

Jul 27, 2007
It does work

I purchased the APC for a long flight and to charge my iPod video while I watched movies. The thing is basically a big battery. You can charge it via USB or A/C (usb to A/C) and then it can charge anything that charges over USB. I use it on my iPhone now, and the battery icon changes to show the little lighting bolt. It gives me about 2 solid charges from a near dead battery (maybe down to @ 20-30%).

Cheers!

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
wait. what is that ? vansoura

but im looking for a extended battery not only for iPhone, but for other usb or mini usb handheld devices

i really want to buy APC mobile charger thing, but its a litle bit pricy and im not so sure how many hours can it charge into my iPhone

RLK

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Indialantic, FL

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I have seen some of these available. Be careful that when the phone is being charged, you can not use it (see the fine print). Some of these chargers do allow operation while being charged.
I got a similar one but it works off 9 volt batt for $9 from Handhelditems.com. Just came in yesterday and checked. Phone functions do work while charging. I have not checked it for how much of a charge it gives in how long.

With all these items available, it sure does shoot down the criticism of not having a removeable battery for daily use :).

RTOIPHONE

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
CDW is a reputable dealer. HOWEVER, before you hook anything up to your iPhone, double check to make sure it is indeed compatible with the iPhone. Personally, I'm waiting for an external battery device similar to what is available for iPods. Something that you can charge and attach to the back of the iPhone and then plug into the dock connector at the bottom of the phone. These have always worked well for me.

So, I'm waiting for one of these devices to appear.
A wall charge came with the iPhone. It is white cube and prong to plug into an electrical outlet fold out and there you use the USB connector to connect to the iPhone. I am using my iPod connector and it works.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
A wall charge came with the iPhone. It is white cube and prong to plug into an electrical outlet fold out and there you use the USB connector to connect to the iPhone. I am using my iPod connector and it works.
Why wouldn't it work, it comes in the box? Am I missing something here?

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I have seen some of these available. Be careful that when the phone is being charged, you can not use it (see the fine print). Some of these chargers do allow operation while being charged.
I thought that mainly applied to accessories that did more than just charge (FM transmitting adapters, for instance).

I've tried all of the chargers from my daughter's Nano and they all charge my iPhone too. Still, I'll pay closer attention to compatibility; thanks for the heads up.

--
Mike