Cool video gives nice preview of Apple CarPlay

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by chris, Apr 11, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

During the CarPlay rollout, I must have missed this video. It's as close to a real world use of CarPlay as I've seen. You plugin your iPhone, initiate Siri and boom -- CarPlay. Looks pretty good. I'm still not crazy about the Mercedes Benz placement of the display. Lucky for me, I don't have to worry about owning a Benz.:)

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Like the iWatch, this is another Apple gizmo I can easily live without. To begin with, I rarely use maps. And if I did use maps in my car, it would not be Apple Maps. I suppose I would get some practical use with CarPlay. But at what extra cost?

3. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Looks decent. Still way too much hand navigation to completely be distraction free. The guy in the video could have used Siri a lot more...

#3 jmp316, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  4. JimmyPhone

JimmyPhone New Member

Looks nice! Wish i had a Mercedes also :)

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I figure the Mercedes Benz placement of CarPlay is a safety issue. That may be a good thing, but it sure looks cheapo when compared to Ferrari and Volvo.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I can live without CarPlay. myself. Mainly because I don't own a car.

I am looking forward to BusPlay or TaxiCabPlay. If city busses and taxicabs would invest in installing smallish screens on the backs of seats, you could plug your phone into a USB port near the screen and use that screen as your BusPlay screen. Gonna have to submit a suggestion to Apple and Miami-Dade Transit.

The only problem would be for the folks sitting in the front seats...

busplay.jpg

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Those in the front seat will just have to look at the screen on their phone. Maybe they could charge half fare for front seat riders. :D