Cool video gives nice preview of Apple CarPlay

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
During the CarPlay rollout, I must have missed this video. It's as close to a real world use of CarPlay as I've seen. You plugin your iPhone, initiate Siri and boom -- CarPlay. Looks pretty good. I'm still not crazy about the Mercedes Benz placement of the display. Lucky for me, I don't have to worry about owning a Benz.:)

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Like the iWatch, this is another Apple gizmo I can easily live without. To begin with, I rarely use maps. And if I did use maps in my car, it would not be Apple Maps. I suppose I would get some practical use with CarPlay. But at what extra cost?

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Looks decent. Still way too much hand navigation to completely be distraction free. The guy in the video could have used Siri a lot more...

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I figure the Mercedes Benz placement of CarPlay is a safety issue. That may be a good thing, but it sure looks cheapo when compared to Ferrari and Volvo.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Like the iWatch, this is another Apple gizmo I can easily live without.
I can live without CarPlay. myself. Mainly because I don't own a car.

I am looking forward to BusPlay or TaxiCabPlay. If city busses and taxicabs would invest in installing smallish screens on the backs of seats, you could plug your phone into a USB port near the screen and use that screen as your BusPlay screen. Gonna have to submit a suggestion to Apple and Miami-Dade Transit.

The only problem would be for the folks sitting in the front seats...

busplay.jpg