Coolest thing you own.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Like the title says what is the cooled thing(s) you own. Super bowl ring? Trumpet your dad played in the Calvary? Whatever. Doesn't have to be worth a lot of money to be cool to you. What's in the fire safe u grab as you run out of your house when it is on fire? (besides your kids :))

I own a huge pez collection.(not in the safe)
I also have a bin laden condom (novelty).

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
My coolest thing, is my Volkswagen Passat, all blacked out w/nice wheels, fast and very sporty, have more plans to upgrade the thing.

-Technically, the bank still owns it but whatever, it's still cool.

-As a backup I have an extensive shoe collection (I own all of them) lol.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Like the title says what is the cooled thing(s) you own. Super bowl ring? Trumpet your dad played in the Calvary? Whatever. Doesn't have to be worth a lot of money to be cool to you. What's in the fire safe u grab as you run out of your house when it is on fire? (besides your kids :))

I own a huge pez collection.(not in the safe)
I also have a bin laden condom (novelty).
now that's an interesting item you have. does it have his dna on it?

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Hmm, just spinning the idea, I should make a point of keeping/finding cool stuff.

I have a trace fossil, about 8"x8", dates back past 2 billion years. There's a small story on how I got my hands on it but let's just say not something I can go on record. My dream would be one of an Archaeoptryx.

Archaeopteryx.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
My Racecar! (See Avatar)

Its a 1991 Mitsubishi Mirage Super R 4WD. Running a 1.8L 4G93 turbo engine, 1200kg (2500ish lbs), 300hp and great fun. Always puts a grin on my face - when its not in its current state that is (in bits in the shed!)

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
now that's an interesting item you have. does it have his dna on it?
No it's a novelty. It's still sealed. I got it from a machine in a bathroom in a bar back in 2003 ish.
ImageUploadedByiCafe1322559259.578272.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe1322559286.492323.jpg

I check eBay often looking for more of them. They probably got thrown away.

I paid 50 cents for mine and probably got a package of scented lubricant at the same time.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
No it's a novelty. It's still sealed. I got it from a machine in a bathroom in a bar back in 2003 ish.
View attachment 18298
View attachment 18299
I check eBay often looking for more of them. They probably got thrown away.

I paid 50 cents for mine and probably got a package of scented lubricant at the same time.

I hope you don't mind my saying that that's hilarious.
I have a crack in mind but just no way to phrase it as it would edge on solemn territory. :)

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I hope you don't mind my saying that that's hilarious.
I have a crack in mind but just no way to phrase it as it would edge on solemn territory. :)

I love it. After he was captured/killed I recalled I had it and pulled it out of an old cigar box full of random things. Many people have offered me money for it. I won't part with it. It is a small piece of history. Priceless in my opinion. The writing on the back of the package is hilarious.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I love it. After he was captured/killed I recalled I had it and pulled it out of an old cigar box full of random things. Many people have offered me money for it. I won't part with it. It is a small piece of history. Priceless in my opinion. The writing on the back of the package is hilarious.
Lmao, just zoomed in on the writing.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Nothing I own is cool. Thanks for reminding me of my misery.
I wouldn't say that what is cool for one may not be cool for others
I think I am very fortunate that my family (DH,son and I) are pretty cool. But since I do not own them, I gotta say my dogs. Otherwise it could name a bunch of items, people probably consider as being cool ,but really has no value to me!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I guess I could say I own a lot of cool things, but compared to what has been posted here, with the exception of that odd Bin Laden condom, lol, they aren't that cool. I owned a pretty cool Mazda 3, though, and own a couple of nice gadgets. I also have some vintage clothes and a chain watch from the days my grandfather was a teenager. No pictures, though, because I don't even know where I placed the box containing that stuff.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I guess I could say I own a lot of cool things, but compared to what has been posted here, with the exception of that odd Bin Laden condom, lol, they aren't that cool. I owned a pretty cool Mazda 3, though, and own a couple of nice gadgets. I also have some vintage clothes and a chain watch from the days my grandfather was a teenager. No pictures, though, because I don't even know where I placed the box containing that stuff.
The chain watch might grow on you :)

To me saving from the fire cool would need a personal story that makes it irreplaceable.
Not knocking the cars. Was there too back in the day. And doing the modifications yourself makes it very personal.
Still, from the fire cool is something that the insurance money just can't buy.
IMO of course.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Books. Lots of lovely old hard cover books. My mother and father were both big readers and collectors of books. My brother and I now share their collections. Lots of beautifully bound editions of classics and books from well-known American authors like Steinbeck, Hemingway, Fitzgerald, others. Poetry collections from Yeats and others, lots of great Irish writers' works. More than anything I love the fact that my daughter has loved books and reading since she was tiny, and still does now.

Ironic, because I do far more reading now on the iPad than via physical books - but I love having them around to page through or dive into when I'm sick of screens.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
you totally missed the stop :D

The only cool thing I have is the cross around my neck. I've had it since the day I was born. Or at least its cool that I've managed not to lose it all this years.
That is really good going. My dad gave me a super special ring with a family crest on it that had belonged to his brother who had served in the Air Force and worn the ring all his life. Tons of history to it. I lost it about 3 days after he gave it to me, swimming on Miami Beach.

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
I don't own anything cool :). however if my house were on fire there are 2 things i would grab on my way out. My sons baby scrapbook that I spent my 2 months of bed rest creating, and my jewelry box as it contains my great grandfathers pocket watch, and the cross necklace my grandmother gave me at my christening.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
That is really good going. My dad gave me a super special ring with a family crest on it that had belonged to his brother who had served in the Air Force and worn the ring all his life. Tons of history to it. I lost it about 3 days after he gave it to me, swimming on Miami Beach.
We didn't have a lot growing up so things like that are more valuable than money for me.
I barely have any pictures from when I was little, but lots of great memories and a cross that I'm gonna try not to lose.