Cooliris - The Picture Browser

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Cooliris. Download it. Love it.

It's a new way to browse through pictures and news stories. You flick through a 3D wall of pictures and tap onto a picture that captures your eye. It reminds me of the GUI in "Minority Report." I love it! :cool:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sweeeet.... I love this in firefox on the desktop. Can't wait to see how it's implemented on the iPhone. Thanks!

S

Starry

Oh... I love this Program... YEAH! Thanks for bringing it up here... I never knew it was out there.. :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That is cool, except it feels backwards to me. I feel the pics should "fall with gravity"

Minor gripe though. This is great stuff.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
This program messed up my phone! After uninstalling it, iTunes would always give me an error that "Cooliris" could not be removed, even though it WAS in fact removed from my phone. Finally annoyed with always getting that error message, I decided to backup and restore my phone. After I did that, all my Apps would install on the phone but not show up on the screen. iTunes showed that I was using like 2 gigs in "Other", but nothing to show for it. I had to do a fresh restore and lose all my settings.

Plus, Cooliris isn't even that cool IMO. Just use Google image search.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
This program messed up my phone! After uninstalling it, iTunes would always give me an error that "Cooliris" could not be removed, even though it WAS in fact removed from my phone. Finally annoyed with always getting that error message, I decided to backup and restore my phone. After I did that, all my Apps would install on the phone but not show up on the screen. iTunes showed that I was using like 2 gigs in "Other", but nothing to show for it. I had to do a fresh restore and lose all my settings.

Do you have a 3G?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i disagree... i often have to filter through a bunch of images to get something i'm looking for, and cooliris is MUCH more efficient than checking google one page (about a dozen images) at a time. Same goes with youtube, amazon, flickr, etc.

and it is a perfect mate to the multitouch trackpad on macbooks.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Most of the time, I'm not actually looking for pictures - I'm looking for news stories. And I feel browsing through pictures to find the cool news story is quite interesting and fun. It's a whole new way to browse. Found a bunch of great articles that way.