Copy and Paste app on the iPhone

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
It doesn't look like a generic copy/paste, only an elaborate Notepad-like app that incorporates an internal copy/paste.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
It's rumored that copy/paste will be addressed in 2.1. I don't particularly need it, so I am not worried. Thanks for the post though.

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Am I the only one that really could care less for a copy and paste? I mean I'll enjoy it if the iPhone has it but I've used the iPhone for about 10 months now and only once or twice have I needed to C&P while using the iPhone. But I bet Jobs did it on purpose so it'll always leave people craving more - MMS, video conferencing, TV on-the-go, makeout machine, etc.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
It's rumored that copy/paste will be addressed in 2.1. I don't particularly need it, so I am not worried. Thanks for the post though.
I think it was more along the line that Apple as a company felt it wasn't a priority. Actually I don't think that, it was actually quoted.

And Jobs didn't "make" the phone. He envisioned it. The iPhone really needs to be attributed to all of Apple.:laugh2: I'm just thinking about the programmars who deserve their name out there.

Jul 14, 2008
I think in the two years I used a Treo, I used copy and paste maybe twice.

I don't need it or even care. If I am sent a number in an SMS, i can dial the number from the sms and then make a contact out of it. Can't think of any reason I would ever need copy and paste.

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
What can I say, I use copy and paste frequently. I would love to have that capability!

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I think in the two years I used a Treo, I used copy and paste maybe twice.

I don't need it or even care. If I am sent a number in an SMS, i can dial the number from the sms and then make a contact out of it. Can't think of any reason I would ever need copy and paste.

Hmmmm, lessee, what if you're sent an address in an SMS and want to transfer it to maps and make a bookmark out of it, or add it to a contact?

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
No one is saying that it is NOT needed, people are merely throwing it out there that they personally don't need copy/paste.

Sure it might be needed at points, but it's really not something Apple should focus on. How many times will you need pull an address out of SMS?

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
No one is saying that it is NOT needed, people are merely throwing it out there that they personally don't need copy/paste.

Sure it might be needed at points, but it's really not something Apple should focus on. How many times will you need pull an address out of SMS?
Could be frequently for some people who use the phone for businesss. I mean Apple did a huge marketing campaign to businesss users telling us how great the new 3G phone would be for this user. And it simply isn't...AT ALL! But I still like the phone and will probably keep it. Seems to me Copy/Paste is a simple feature that no doubt should have been included in the first build of the phone.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Could be frequently for some people who use the phone for businesss. I mean Apple did a huge marketing campaign to businesss users telling us how great the new 3G phone would be for this user. And it simply isn't...AT ALL! But I still like the phone and will probably keep it. Seems to me Copy/Paste is a simple feature that no doubt should have been included in the first build of the phone.
A lot of things should have been in the phone. I see no reason to complain. If you didn't take the time to research what you are buying, then it's your fault. If you know what your purchasing, it's your fault.
Regardless, it is coming. So no need to worry.

Although I don't think it was a huge campaign, I agree. The phone isn't built for the rigors of a businesss user. No office suit, copy/paste, and to simply use Exchange servers, you have to pay 15 dollars extra! Ridiculous. Still an amazing phone though.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Am I the only one that really could care less for a copy and paste? I mean I'll enjoy it if the iPhone has it but I've used the iPhone for about 10 months now and only once or twice have I needed to C&P while using the iPhone. But I bet Jobs did it on purpose so it'll always leave people craving more - MMS, video conferencing, TV on-the-go, makeout machine, etc.
your like me. i would probably never use it. Now being able to forward a message would come in handy.

3Guser

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
I rather have MMS....its a given and I need it. I use it a lot.

3Guser

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
I miss not having mms
Your not alone it will come out sometime that's for sure. It's just the wait that sucks. Either Apple or an app will come out with it. I hope sooner than later.

mahatma

Aug 22, 2008
When I got an email from Amazon with tht tracking number for my package, i would have been nice to be able to cut the tracking number fromo the email and paste it int o the UPS tracking page.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
When I got an email from Amazon with tht tracking number for my package, i would have been nice to be able to cut the tracking number fromo the email and paste it int o the UPS tracking page.
Get a free Gmail account and forward your tracking emails to Gmail ... it provides an auto-link to track the package whenever you get an email pertaining to a package that was sent to you.

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I have an iPhone 2g and I had it jailbroken for a while under software version 1.x... There was an app for mms. It worked perfectly... until AT&T stopped allowing you to use their mms service from your iPhone! If Apple develops mms then AT&T will surely open their servers again to support your usage of it. However I don't think Apple will develop such an app.

Also about mms, I am less concerned about sending mms, since you can do that in email, however receiving mms through the awful nonfunctional viewmymessage.com is tragic.

Copy and paste is useful. At least then I could copy the username and password into the viewmymessage.com site to view the media someone sent me! :)

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Copy and paste is useful. At least then I could copy the username and password into the viewmymessage.com site to view the media someone sent me! :)
Well in theory anyway, providing the POS site is working correctly. That is why you have to get your friends/family to send the media via email.

Trust me, I am all for copy and paste. I can think of many instances where I would use it. But there are ways around most of the issues until it actually is at our disposal.