Copy and Paste demo (sweet video inside)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
ok i lied the video isn't in the thread, but it is in the link below :)

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/08/09/fake-iphone-cut-and-paste-demo-loves-you/

Ok, we can officially and finally put this debate to rest: yes, Apple really could use its multi-touch input system to enable users to friggin' copy / paste text in the iPhone. And to prove it, the usual random internet dude (lonelysandwhich) has put his skills to the test and developed a demo proof of concept video that Conan O'Brien will probably sue over. Hit it up after the break!

Mark Booth

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Gotta admit, there's been more than a couple of times that I'd have liked to have copy & paste capability! But I also frequently need highlight/delete. So, that little pop up should have at least three buttons... Copy, Paste and Delete.

Mark

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Truly amazing that you can sell such a device in 2007 without it.

I think that Apple simply either hasn't perfected it yet or they were worried it would complicate the interface and interfere with its adoption. But to have the gall to think you can pull off introducing the device without it says a lot about Apple and about us.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
The title of this thread should be "Fake Copy and Paste demo!" Grrrr, got my hopes up for nothing.

Video was funny though. God it reminded me of how annoying the guy that does the iPhone's videos is. :p

--
Mike

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
The title of this thread should be "Fake Copy and Paste demo!" Grrrr, got my hopes up for nothing.

Video was funny though. God it reminded me of how annoying the guy that does the iPhone's videos is. :p

--
Mike

hehe sorry i thought the demo would get that across but looking back i guess not. o well cant edit the title. im hoping Apple will see this and finally do something about it.