Copy Paste (again)

Audiocave

Sep 15, 2008
Not *if* or *when* but how?

I personally don't think it's possible in a conventional way on a touch screen device like the iPhone. iPhone touchscreen moves things around and resizes things... it doesn't (afaik) select things like text. Could be wrong.

Does anyone have a text editor or anything like that on the iPhone where you can even select random text with your finger? Like a word in a paragraph? You'd have to enter another mode where the action didn't move or scroll the thing wouldn't you?

Best case, in my view, is a double-tap which selects a word and then a copy button. How you'd select "elect this on" from "Select this only" with a single finger on a multi-touch screen like iPhone evades me. Maybe turn the hold-zoom thing into a drag-selection thing? Dunno.

I wonder can Microsoft's table thingy do it? How would it know you want to select some text and not move the thing?

Again, not about when or if but how. I really wonder how. I think if how was easy it would be done already. I suspect it's not easy.

And lets not forget cut... ;)

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
Not *if* or *when* but how?

Again, not about when or if but how. I really wonder how. I think if how was easy it would be done already. I suspect it's not easy.

And lets not forget cut... ;)
Why does it have to be hard... press and hold on a link for a few seconds and it pops up information about that link. Why not implement the same idea, press and hold where its not a link and a few seconds later, you can highlight...

Or even add a 'copy' icon or in a dropdown menu that when pressed enables highlighting instead of moving the screen.

I'm just gonna stop right here... because the possibilities are endless :) I'm sure someone who gets paid to think can come up with even better and easier ideas to enable copy/paste... :)