Copy/Paste coming with update 1.1.3?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes that would be really nice but i worry that the screen might be too small, i mean that it wont fit.. like when you type web addresses on the web there is not much screen left over...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
what has been puzzling me since the beginning of the 1.1.3 rumors is the nomenclature. As people have pointed out already, an upgrade of this magnitude would be incremented to at least 1.2.0. These features are WAY more than bug and/or security fixes.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes that is true.... but as we all know that this is rumor and there might be nothing to add, i always think that it is funny that people think that Apple owes us an update, they don't have to do anything more to it and people will still buy it, i mean we did right... i just think that it is funny the way that people are expecting a update so bad and Apple doesn't have to .....

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Ahhhh, I can't wait for all the discussions of the new features, the stories of bricked phones, the heartache of jailbreaking again....good times :D

That's if we get any update of course ;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Wow, cut and paste? What else is there going to be, a toaster?

If we got an update this big, it would have to be 1.2 or higher. I would love to have all these features, don't get wrong. But mark my words, they will not all come in 1.1.3. If there even is one right now.

- John

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i agree there is all this talk about the update but we are not sure that this is going to happen.... besides who says that Apple has to update us?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Has anybody read those articles that Chris posted in the original 1.1.3 thread? They make really great points about why it's fake.

1. The text in the "Edit Home Screen" pop-up is un-apple-like and wordy. Also, when would this window pop up? Steve Jobs' whole product philosophy is to design things that don't require instructions. The notion that Apple, a company that specializes in minimalist copy, would make you read a pop-up this long every time you performed a fairly routine task seems like it came from someone who uses Windows.

2. Do enough product sketches and you know when the perspective's on and when it's off. Here, it's off and looks poorly Photoshopped. If the topmost screen line jives with the bottom line of the "Cancel" button, it creates an impossible vanishing point vis-a-vis the angle of the phone and the on-screen text. Also note that both words in "Home Screen" are capitalized; in the instructional copy in point 1, it was written "Home screens," with the second word lowercased. The photo's exposure also looks wonky to me, but I'm not a pro photographer (if you are, please pipe up).

3. The most damning piece of evidence is in this copy: "An icon will be added to your home screen so you can quickly access this web site." Boom, fake. "Website" should be one word, not two. Apple is pretty fastidious about their copy, and there's no way this would make it into a final product. Not to mention the icon at left, a sloppy grab of a portion of the website, that I can't see Apple deeming aesthetically acceptable.
- John

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
these are all good points... i never took a look at this before.. im one of those if it happens it happens guys but these are good points.. if this is a fake and those dudes that are showing the video on their site with the samples then they are jeopardizing their credibility

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
There's videos. Can't photoshop a video that good. Youtube the gear live video where he demonstrates it. It pretty got rid of my skepticism.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I don't have the link but I think they gotta forum where he answers questions about the update. Maybe someone asked him already or we could ask him. He said he didn't think they had the final product so who knows.