Copy & Paste?! Well Almost. =)

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
Is anyone else here getting progessively more excited the more you hear stuff being released? I mean this is pretty close....hopefully they do the same thing but with hyperlinks and such so you can just hold it down and copy it or whatever, that would be a godsend, obviously the idea is here....

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I already use IMGsaver and it works pretty much flawlessly. A bit of a workaround, but it works. Around. I like it.

But yes, give me more reasons to go legit, please! ;)

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Well almost! is an understatement

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Well hot dang. I just tried it and sure enough it works. How did I miss this feature.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It's just images in Safari. But screenshots of any screen from Apple is perfectly possible - there's even a package form RipDev that enables a screenshot method written by Apple, but that it disabled by default.

- John

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Is anyone else here getting progessively more excited the more you hear stuff being released? I mean this is pretty close....hopefully they do the same thing but with hyperlinks and such so you can just hold it down and copy it or whatever, that would be a godsend, obviously the idea is here....
I'm definitely getting more excited. The SDK seems to be opening up the iPhone to further development and the possibilities that I've seen are very interesting. Copy & paste is the icing on the cake for me...:)

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
It would be cool if the search function in the Contacts used the vertical letters on the side for input as an alternative to the keyboard.

I had originally been hoping that the right side lettering functionality could be expanded so that it would use subsequent touches within a certain time span to start eliminating or filtering contacts.