copy paste

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
This has been out for quite a while now. It's a bit awkward sending info over the net to perform copy & paste. Here is another bit of news, which is marginally better, but still not a true copy & paste solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
This has been out for quite a while now. It's a bit awkward sending info over the net to perform copy & paste. Here is another bit of news, which is marginally better, but still not a true copy & paste solution.
That would be cool with me as long as it works with all of the applications on the iPhone. I wouldn't mind paying .99 for it either.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
hopefully Apple will have this on 2.1 and we won't have to waste more money on some of these apps that will have it.

energie

Sep 13, 2008
So what's the deal with copy and paste, is Steve ever planning on adding it? I was going to get an iPhone then realized how heavily I use/need this feature. Do any jailbreak apps have it by any chance?

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
I think I saw one in cydia , though I don't know if it works well.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I really wouldn't count on Apple passing it through to the App Store anytime soon. People have been asking for it for over a year now and still nothing.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It wouldn't be an appstore offering anyway. It would have to come in a firmware update.

I'm tired of talking about it, frankly, no offense. Who the hell knows why Apple hasn't done it yet?

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I really wouldn't count on Apple passing it through to the App Store anytime soon. People have been asking for it for over a year now and still nothing.
Its a feature Id LOVE to see but kinda gave up hope last year.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
with rumors of documents to go coming to the iPhone you would think that copy and paste has to be on the cards and surely for that app. However it might be within the app and not system wide. I too am fed up discussing it but never fed up enough to say how much this p's me off!

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I'm tired of talking about it, frankly, no offense.
That's that attitude Apple hopes everyone will have so they don't have to talk about it:laugh2: I say, lets increase the pressure and talk about it more to get their attention.
Tg

I am a fan for talking about but answering the same " are they going to add it?" question gets a little boring after a while. Especially since the title was short and makes you have to open it.

SEARCH function is your friend. Type copy paste in search and he would see the answer hundreds of times (just like flash which was the question before this on the 3G forum when I replied)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That's that attitude Apple hopes everyone will have so they don't have to talk about it:laugh2: I say, lets increase the pressure and talk about it more to get their attention.
Tg
Ok, just do it on their forums, right? :p

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I write my forum replies in my email editor because I always end up losing them when I post in the reply field. So for me to do this I have to first copy the reply I'm quoting. I'll touch quote, Safari will open a new page with the post I'm trying to reply to in a [ quote ][/ quote ] code. So I want to select all, copy it, and paste that into my email. I hold my finger down on a word, the select/select all/etc selector pops up and I choose "select all." Everything highlights but if the quoted text is long, the cut/copy/paste selector is nowhere to be found! I used to be able to switch to landscape orientation and try it again but now that's not working.

So you all no doubt reply to long posts with your iPhones. Do you ever try to copy/paste them?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
no, the standard text box works fine for me. The only real issue i have is when pasting image URLs into the image popup box, the "paste" sign never shows up, so i just type the img tags now.