Copy/pasting problem with iOS 8

Jul 7, 2014
I notice on some websites you cannot copy and paste. This is now happening after iOS 8 installation. For example, on the Newsmax website using iPad 2 it does not allow me to copy and paste. Anyone? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I notice on some websites you cannot copy and paste. This is now happening after iOS 8 installation. For example, on the Newsmax website using iPad 2 it does not allow me to copy and paste. Anyone? Thanks!
I've run into this on some websites and usually what it is is that the operation is blocked. The site admin has disabled any copy/paste from the page and the only alternative is to take a screenshot or type in the text.

Jul 7, 2014
I've run into this on some websites and usually what it is is that the operation is blocked. The site admin has disabled any copy/paste from the page and the only alternative is to take a screenshot or type in the text.
I don't know about that one. I can copy and paste from that site using my iMac, but not my iPad....

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Same thing for my iPad. Soo annoying. I've even done a hard reset, set up as new and I still can't copy paste most of the time.
And since updating, my iPad mini is so slow. Typing is super laggy. Time to sell this bad boy

Jul 13, 2014
I'm also facing this problem
When I paste in a website that name bluedart nothing happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
This is odd, but works. I have the same problem pasting in Safari on some sites. Just doesn't work. This does. I copy, then paste it in my notes app. I then copy that. Then it will paste on that site in Safari. Don't ask why or how, I just know it works.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.