Corp. Account / Activation Eligibility

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 25, 2007
So I've asked this question here and in other forums but haven't gotten a clear answer (maybe b/c I asked it when rate plans were not yet released)

So I have an AT&T Corp. Account ( a CRU account wherein my very large Organization pays my bill, not me, although I do receive the bill AFTER it has been paid ).

Looking at the activation process for the iPhone, it's completely unclear what you do if you're ALREADY an existing AT&T customer. They only show how a new client coming to AT&T sets up the activation.

That said, would it be possible to just input my phone number, maybe my account number, my...SSN# or Org. Fed. Tax ID #, and my iTunes account for music/video synching? Would the charges related to voice/data just be billed to my Corp. account?

I don't see anywhere online it listed as saying that Corp. accounts CANNOT get the phone (all I've seen is 'heresay')

Any thoughts or ideas? Anyone work for AT&T and know something I don't?

Thanks in advance!

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
So I've asked this question here and in other forums but haven't gotten a clear answer (maybe b/c I asked it when rate plans were not yet released)

So I have an AT&T Corp. Account ( a CRU account wherein my very large Organization pays my bill, not me, although I do receive the bill AFTER it has been paid ).

Looking at the activation process for the iPhone, it's completely unclear what you do if you're ALREADY an existing AT&T customer. They only show how a new client coming to AT&T sets up the activation.

That said, would it be possible to just input my phone number, maybe my account number, my...SSN# or Org. Fed. Tax ID #, and my iTunes account for music/video synching? Would the charges related to voice/data just be billed to my Corp. account?

I don't see anywhere online it listed as saying that Corp. accounts CANNOT get the phone (all I've seen is 'heresay')

Thanks in advance!
I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure I read an official no to corporate accounts at this point.

Jun 25, 2007
I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure I read an official no to corporate accounts at this point.
:'( Please oh please tell me that this not the case.... I have no idea why I can't just use my current voice plan and just move my data service from PDA (for my Tréo 680) to the iPlan ?

Any thoughts anyone ? Is anyone else in this bind like me?

sned45

Jun 26, 2007
I talked to my CRU account rep and was informed no sales to corp account for 30 to 90 days. So it looks like might happen we just have to wait.

Do you sync email with your Treo? if so how do you plan on syncing with the iPhone.

We use Goodlink so we might be SOL.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Q. Are businesss customers eligible for discounts?
A.
No. iPhone service is available only to consumer accounts. iPhone and associated wireless service are not eligible for corporate discounts.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Thanks in advance!
Absolutely no one on a CRU will be able to get the ipHone. You can set up a brand new personal account, but if you use the number associated with a CRU, it'll kick it out.

from AT&T_employee's post in another thread:

The ONLY eligibility requirements are these:
Customer must be over 18
Customer must have a credit or debit card
Customer must have an email address
Customer must have internet access
Customer may not activate device on CRU or NBI account

Doesn't look very promising for you. You'll have to open a personal account if you want it right now.

Jun 25, 2007
Absolutely no one on a CRU will be able to get the ipHone. You can set up a brand new personal account, but if you use the number associated with a CRU, it'll kick it out.

from AT&T_employee's post in another thread:

The ONLY eligibility requirements are these:
Customer must be over 18
Customer must have a credit or debit card
Customer must have an email address
Customer must have internet access
Customer may not activate device on CRU or NBI account

Doesn't look very promising for you. You'll have to open a personal account if you want it right now.
Crap, that totally sucks. I hope that ban will be lifted soon. I already have two plans (one which is AT&T which is CRU-ed from my Org.).

Talk about dropping a deuce on my iDay plans. Ahhh....well, I'll just have to content myself with playing the display models.

Q: Will there even be a display model? Imagine the fingerprints on it! :sick:

Jun 25, 2007
Most stores will have a minimum of two display models. FIRMLY ATTACHED TO THE DISPLAY FIXTURE
Cool! I'll probably go early to the AT&T store on b'way by my job. Nobodies ever really there so I'll hopefully get a chance to fiddle around with it.

And hopefully they have it CHARGED! How many times has one ever gone into any phone store, see the phone they like, and wish to play around with it, only to find that it's not charged and that there's no cable/dongle to power it up...ugh

Thanks again man! (but if anyone thinks otherwise, please gas me up, even if it's a lie. I need some hope of getting the damn iPhone!) :laugh2: