Corporate contract - stolen iPhone 3G

pottenge

Sep 8, 2008
My ATT iPhone 3G (16GB black) was stolen (and likely probably broken) last weekend. I work for a big company and we have a corporate plan / wireless administrator who is the only person that can do anything with our plans. I called the ATT retail store - they told me a new phone would cost $499 but our wireless admin has to order it. I called the 1-800 ATT biz accounts # and they told me a new phone would cost $499 but our wireless admin has to buy it. Our wireless administrator is telling me it will cost $1000 - $1300+ depending on what day she requests it. I suspended my phone # so whoever has the phone can't use it if it works. Any recommendations on how to get around her buying this phone? Can i buy an unlocked one and somehow get a SIM card w/my old phone #? I want to keep the same # and stay on our corp ATT plan - it's saving me $200/month.

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
I can't speak for your corporate policies, but if you go on CraigsList, you can get a 16gb 3g for anywhere from $500 to $700. Not sure about the sim.

TeamPEZ

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
Marietta, Georgia
I can't speak for your corporate policies, but if you go on CraigsList, you can get a 16gb 3g for anywhere from $500 to $700. Not sure about the sim.
I've got an extra V1 8gb iPhone for sale if interested ...

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
The 3G iPhone can't be unlocked yet, so you're out of luck on that front.

I've heard that AT&T will allow you to buy another 3G iPhone at the new-contract price if your first one was stolen and you have a police report to support that claim. Do you have a police report? If so, give that to your company's wireless administrator since that might help cut down on the price quite a bit...

pottenge

Sep 8, 2008
The 3G iPhone can't be unlocked yet, so you're out of luck on that front.

I've heard that AT&T will allow you to buy another 3G iPhone at the new-contract price if your first one was stolen and you have a police report to support that claim. Do you have a police report? If so, give that to your company's wireless administrator since that might help cut down on the price quite a bit...
The police report idea sounds good. I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the replies!