Corporate Discounts on iPhone 3G

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
Well today i was speaking to a businesss representative about my corperate discount not working, and she stated that it was because i had the iPhone as my primary phone, so she changed it to the Blackberry my cousin uses but she said that, when i buy the 3G, it will allow corperate discounts. So i hope that clears stuff up for people that were wondering.
I hope this helps.

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
anyone know? if we can actually use our discount now on the plans?

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
According to a few people in the 3g forum yes we can. Keep in mind its only for the plans and not the phone itself.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
anyone know? if we can actually use our discount now on the plans?
I'd read it here and went into the AT&T store to confirm on Sunday and was told YES. :) Very happy about that. Seemed like a screwed deal in the first place. She did say, though, that the primary account holder has to have the 3G because the v1 is still not going to be eligiable for discounted service.

urrrric

Jul 17, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
i've been through so much trouble trying to get that 20% because the name on the account isn't my name so the guy at AT&T couldn't do it for me, so i went to another AT&T store and i got it without showing my work id and was told that the iPhone 3g must be on the secondary line.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
i've been through so much trouble trying to get that 20% because the name on the account isn't my name so the guy at AT&T couldn't do it for me, so i went to another AT&T store and i got it without showing my work id and was told that the iPhone 3g must be on the secondary line.
My understanding of the corporate discount (FAN#) is that (1) the person eligiable for the discount must be the primary account holder and (2) that person must not be using a v1 iPhone.

3G users with FAN#s are eligiable for the discount on their monthly bill. If you're being told otherwise, I'd talk to a store manager or call customer service.

urrrric

Jul 17, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
My understanding of the corporate discount (FAN#) is that (1) the person eligiable for the discount must be the primary account holder and (2) that person must not be using a v1 iPhone.

3G users with FAN#s are eligiable for the discount on their monthly bill. If you're being told otherwise, I'd talk to a store manager or call customer service.
yup the lady was nice and did not question me a bit after i gave her my fan#, i'd just had to find the right AT&T store