Corporate Email workaround?

jjvd21

Oct 1, 2007
I apologize in advance if this has been covered here before, but I haven't been able to find the thread.

Does anyone know a workaround for corporate email on the iPhone? I have friends that have Verizon/T-Mobile and they have set up a businesss account with Verizon/T-Mobile, supplied their coroporate username, email address, and password - and received their corporate email without subscribing to Blackberry service. They receive their corporate emails through Verizon/T-Mobile and the service identical to Blackberry. Their emails are forwarded to their phone through the Verizon/T-Mobile system bypassing Blackberry.

I'm assuming there is a way to do this for the iPhone. Has anyone successfuly set this up this way, directly through ATT? Or, does anyone have a different solution? Thanks in advance.

And again, apologize if this was covered somewhere else, I just couldn't find the thread.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
You iPhone will not connect to your companies Exchange server unless they have pop3 or imap enabled. 99.9% don't. You are asking to become a spam relay with either of these protocols enabled.

I have been forwarding a cc of all my incoming mail to my Yahoo! mail account. Yahoo! mail does push like the blackberry does, so you get the email right away. The main drawback is when you reply to themeail it comes from your Yahoo! mail address.

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
I apologize in advance if this has been covered here before, but I haven't been able to find the thread.

Does anyone know a workaround for corporate email on the iPhone? I have friends that have Verizon/T-Mobile and they have set up a businesss account with Verizon/T-Mobile, supplied their coroporate username, email address, and password - and received their corporate email without subscribing to Blackberry service. They receive their corporate emails through Verizon/T-Mobile and the service identical to Blackberry. Their emails are forwarded to their phone through the Verizon/T-Mobile system bypassing Blackberry.

I'm assuming there is a way to do this for the iPhone. Has anyone successfuly set this up this way, directly through ATT? Or, does anyone have a different solution? Thanks in advance.

And again, apologize if this was covered somewhere else, I just couldn't find the thread.

I started a similar thread in "Software" -- you can check it for a few more posts. But the most promising post thus far is a link to a soon to be released Beta -- ipxsync.com. Check it out. Could be the holy grail we are waiting for.