Corporate Email?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
Long time reader first time poster . . .
Been waiting for some improvements in iPhone before dumping the Treo. My biggest concern/need is for corporate email. Is there a good solution yet for companies that will not support the iPhone or enable imap or make any system changes for non Blackberry users? I was hopeful when I read about Synchronica but it appears that I would have to get the company to buy licenses and install something -- don't know why they can't sell it on an individual basis like their trial works.
Any help may lead to one more sale for Apple.

Thanks.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Yesterdays update added a push button to the yahoo mail setting which has appeared to correct the random problems people have been having with it.

I have a cc of all my work email going to a yahoo account that is set-up on my iPhone. Not sure if it is a good solution for you, but it is working for me.

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
Yesterdays update added a push button to the yahoo mail setting which has appeared to correct the random problems people have been having with it.

I have a cc of all my work email going to a yahoo account that is set-up on my iPhone. Not sure if it is a good solution for you, but it is working for me.
Thanks, but not sure I follow you. How does a cc result in incoming mail going to your Yahoo account? If you set up a rule to forward your work email to your Yahoo account I see a few potential problems/issues: can you respond to a work email on the iPhone and have your work address show as the from?; and if you delete something on the iPhone its not going to be deleted on the work account. Right?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Thanks, but not sure I follow you. How does a cc result in incoming mail going to your Yahoo account? If you set up a rule to forward your work email to your Yahoo account I see a few potential problems/issues: can you respond to a work email on the iPhone and have your work address show as the from?; and if you delete something on the iPhone its not going to be deleted on the work account. Right?
The reply address is the yahoo address. And items deleted from yahoo are kept on your works server since you are only sending a cc to yahoo.

I am not using an outlook rule. The mail admin set up a .forward file for me.

Sep 5, 2007
Yes and no. If you have Exchange 2003 at work and set up a "redirect" rule to redirect incoming messages to a Yahoo or GMail account, it will show up in your Yahoo! / GMail inbox with the ability to reply directly to the sender. This is what I do as well. GMail claims to even allow you to use your work e-mail address as the "Sent From", but that has never worked for me (replies to me e-mails go to GMail and not work, and my address still shows as GMail). The other problem I have is that, for some strange reason, our Exchange server does not redirect all incoming messages - only those that originate from within the server (i.e., from someone at my office). e-Mails from the outside world don't get redirected, so I have to forward them, which is not nearly as helpful, and to make matters worse, not all of them get forwarded, for some unknown reason!

Obviously this is not an ideal solution for corporate e-mail, but Apple would be foolish to ignore an issue that is so easily solved through firmware and software. I wouldn't hold my breath for a Goodlink client anytime soon, because that would require Apple to formally open the phone to 3P's, which it may do someday, but probably not someday soon.

What I am hoping (dying!) for is Exchange Active Sync. Back at iDay, rumours were flying everywhere that Apple had licensed the EAS technology from Microsoft. Let's hope that's true and that it will come in a future update.

EricB

Oct 1, 2007
Has anyone gotten in on the beta for ipxSync.com? Sounds like they provide most of what activesync did, for the iPhone. I signed up for the beat a few days ago, and hope to get my invite soon.

http://www.ipxsync.com

bubbatex

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Yes, this looks almost too good to be true! I am quietly sitting on the iPhone sideline waiting for Exchange sync - and this does look promising. One just has to believe there will be more options in this area from both Apple and others.

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
Has anyone received the beta yet for ipxsync.com? Please post your experiences if you have or when you do!

Thanks.

LionelHutz

Sep 5, 2007

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
My company has a contract with Sprint and issues PDA/Phones. On those phones they are set to pull the exchange mail directly from our companies Webmail site. I don't know enough about the behind the scenes setup to make this possible but does anyone know if there is a way to do the same thing with the iPhone since my company does not have imap turned on? The webmail address is in the Exchange Server field in activesync, by the way.

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
No beta testers?

I can't believe that there are no beta testers of either of these programs (ipxsync or Visto) on this forum! I understand that sometimes beta testers aren't allowed to discuss the product, but can you at least let us know your out there fighting the good fight to perfect a corporate email solution!

Please? :(