Cosmopod - Utube/DlyMotion/Gvideo -> iPhone

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
http://www.cocoamug.com/cosmopod/ <--Download Link

I stumbled upon a great little plugin for Safari today called Cosmopod. What it does is detect any sort of streaming media on the page. Once it sniffs something out it enables a little button sitting in your safari tool bar that will download, convert, and then push the video off to iTunes for you!

I've been throwing all sorts of formats at it, and the only thing it doesn't seem to do out of the box is Real Video, but who in the heck uses that anyway? Even still, it will support that too if you have the player installed.

In any case, if you have certain YouTubes that you like to watch and show to friends as conversation pieces, I recommend trying this app out. It will save you download time on Edge for said videos you're after, and the demo lasts for 5 days with 10 encodings per Safari launch (yeah just relaunch safari for another 10). 10 seems to be the magic number here, as the app itself only costs 10 bux for a license key.

Me likey!

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I just realized that it's progress window has a Preferences Button on it.

The Preferences will let you specify your output format, which also includes AppleTV!

Now the resolution will obviously be questionable, but this does save you a step in reencoding it to AppleTV specs in iTunes if thats your target platform in the first place.