Cost of iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gregneedham

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I am posting this because I haven't seen this point made anywhere and it frustrates me.

I gladly paid $399.00 for a 3g iPod, with black and white screen, no photos, no video. I still have no regrets spending $400 for my iPod, which has had one battery replacement..which I did myself. The original release price was $499, but I waited and got some deal which I forget now.

So if I, and many many other users, would happily pay $400 for a basic 40gb iPod, don't you think that 4 years later I am only to happy to put out $600 for an iPhone, with all the additional capabilities? People talk about the $600 like it is some crazy amount for a phone, but in my perspective, it is a bargain.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
yes your rite basically ... you pay about $200 for a blackberry then like 399 for an ipod video same crap to me...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I am posting this because I haven't seen this point made anywhere and it frustrates me.

I gladly paid $399.00 for a 3g iPod, with black and white screen, no photos, no video. I still have no regrets spending $400 for my iPod, which has had one battery replacement..which I did myself. The original release price was $499, but I waited and got some deal which I forget now.

So if I, and many many other users, would happily pay $400 for a basic 40gb iPod, don't you think that 4 years later I am only to happy to put out $600 for an iPhone, with all the additional capabilities? People talk about the $600 like it is some crazy amount for a phone, but in my perspective, it is a bargain.
The price is not a problem for me; I always rationalize it this way:

8 GB Nano = $249
Decent phone = $100
PDA = $200
2.0 MP digital camera = $100

Total $649

iPHone = $600 and only one device instead of four. It's a no brainer. Don't let the haters get ya down. Just enjoy your iPhone.;)

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
The ones that really bug me are the idiots who complain about the cost of the iPhone when they add the cost PLUS the monthly service charges over the two year period - "I ain't payin' no stupid $2500 for a ipod over two years..." yadda-yadda.
I see A LOT of those posts on other forums. The monthly charges are basically fixed for ANY smartphone, and actually with the $20 (basic) data charge associated with the iPhone, it turns out a little cheaper to operate than a Treo or 8525. I'm amazed these people have the mental wherewithall to actually use a smarthphone!