Could iPhone 3G have a replaceable battery?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Even if Apple did allow you to replace the battery or whatever, they'd do like Microsoft and use the "Torx" screws or whatever so that you had to go through sets and sets and sets of tool boxs to find the right tool haha!
Microsoft? So when did Microsoft start making hardware for phones? Microsoft doesn't make the hardware and it is not their decision for hardware design. That's up to Motorola, HTC, Samsung, etc.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Microsoft? So when did Microsoft start making hardware for phones? Microsoft doesn't make the hardware and it is not their decision for hardware design. That's up to Motorola, HTC, Samsung, etc.
Oh:eek: Well I was actually referring to my Xbox and Xbox 360 cause when I got the "red-rings-of-death" I wanted to take it apart and try to fix it myself, but I was stopped dead in my tracks when I saw those torx screws:p

Edit: I just looked at my HTC and noticed that it also used Torx screws :mad: And they're wicked small:p

Laura123

Jul 17, 2007
God i sure hope it can be opened easier than the first gen iPhone! But i bet the battery is still soldered in, a fact that limits most diy'ers.

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Im waiting for the Morphie Juice pak to come out with their combination case and charger for the 3G which they are working on. In the meantime i use my solio solar charger, it fits in my pocket and gives me an extra 8 hours talk time, and when its drained (hopefully during daylight) i let it sit on the window sil in the sun if im in a hotel and its half charged in 2 hours. Or i can plug it into the wall and its fully charged in 2 hours. Its cool cause i"ll have power even when theres no access to an outlet.

Lordy, im starting to sound like a commercial. :eek: