Could not complete the iTunes store request. The store may be busy...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DigitalEndorphins

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I cant get iPhone to activate through iTunes.

Everytime it goes to open up I get the following message:

Could not complete the iTunes store request. The store may be busy...try again later. I can access the store just fine, but it won't open up the iPhone page. (and yes running 7.3)

I've been trying for hours and it just won't open up. I have received my email stating it's activated but iTunes just wont connect to activate the phone.

not fun.

any ideas on what to do?

DigitalEndorphins

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I have the exact same thing happen. I'm just gonna wait a day. I assume its launch day overload related.

Waitng a day is not an option as I have my own businesss and I have no phone right now because of this. My other phone was deactivated and now my iPhone is the replacement, but it wont activate. NOT GOOD.

I have an early day tomorrow and having no way for my customers to call me is not acceptable.

damn it!

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
i got the same crap I mean I can acess all of the iPhone features but i don't get a AT&T signal or edge, I also gotten the email, luckyly my other cell phone hasn't been diactivated but right now my iPhone does everything except make phone calls :mad:

3dg

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I walked out of the Apple store at 6:08pm with two 8Ggs. By 7pm, I was activated and using it without issue. So perhaps, just so many people activating, the system is bogged down.

Flyboone

Jun 16, 2007
I I had the same happen to me. I got really frustrated. I decided to try turning the phone off by holding down the sleep button for 3 seconds. When I turned it back on, I was activated and in businesss. Give it a try! I'm typing this on my phone now with a horizontal keyboard.