Could the 1.1.1 delay be to add MORE new features?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

propynyl

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
Obviously this is just speculation....But what if, since Apple KNOWs it has disappointed so many people so many different ways lately, they are delaying 1.1.1 to shoehorn some REAL new features into the iPhone. (other than that whole wifi music store BS)

MMS, color-coded calendars, Flash...heck...I'll settle for different fonts in the notes program. Maybe just maybe they decided to make up for the $200 price drop, and that whole "...we'll add new features that will delight iPhone users..." thing. Maybe Apple has come to their senses and realized that they are not ENTITLED to my money...that they have to earn it.

I'm a lifelong Apple fan who has lost almost all faith in Apple lately. But maybe they'll redeem themselves and surprise us with SOME new productivity feature for the iPhone. Doubtful though.

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007
I sure hope you are right. I would love those features. But I really don't think that would happen. Not yet anyways...

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Word on the street is they're adding ICBMs to counter the North Korean offensive if you triple tap the home key. The delay has been working the kinks out of the 3rd tap timing, most people insist on going 1-2--3.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
you're probably right. a friend of mine who has a friend who's brother's girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's brother works at the Apple store. he said the update would be released next tuesday, would include flash, mms, ichat, voice dialing, loud speakerphone enhancement, a .45 caliber pistol, increase the camera to 8MP, and the ability to bust through bunkers in the middle east.

release date: september 28

it will be version 1.2

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
i have my doubts. i've become pretty cynical about iPhone updates. one of the major reasons i bought and iPhone was because it ran a real OS and the potential for updates was high. so far that expectation has fallen short not only in adding new feature but also adding features most cellphone already have.

Apple has dropped the ball when it comes to updates. adding the basic feature that are missing could help holiday sales imo. i hope they do it.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Who Cares About The Update, I don't!

Word on the street is they're adding ICBMs to counter the North Korean offensive if you triple tap the home key. The delay has been working the kinks out of the 3rd tap timing, most people insist on going 1-2--3.
You sir, are to funny. I got a great laugh out of your post. I don't see why everyone is crying about updates anyway. The Modder/Hacker community has offered so many features for the iPhone through AppTapp and iBrickr. I probably won't even update when the update is available. My iPhone is just the way I want it. I love all the new features, thanks to the Modder/Hacker community. I was a little hesitant at first to mod my phone, via Apptapp but it was the best thing I could have ever done. I have not had one single problem and Apple will never offer what I have now. My phone is fully loaded with mods that make this great device (The iPhone) even greater! Thank You so much, Modders and Hackers...M

cboyle4

Jul 27, 2007
Denver
you're probably right. a friend of mine who has a friend who's brother's girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's brother works at the Apple store. he said the update would be released next tuesday, would include flash, mms, ichat, voice dialing, loud speakerphone enhancement, a .45 caliber pistol, increase the camera to 8MP, and the ability to bust through bunkers in the middle east.

it will be version 1.2
ahahahahahahahahahah dude that is fu$king hilarious
lmao
i love u man

cboyle4

Jul 27, 2007
Denver
i wish it was because they were adding a shitload of apps
...maybe they were reading some software forum posts on this site and know that they bombed the software updates...maybe

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
It is probably just hung up in the QC process for the release. Getting a release out the door takes some effort since every regression failure must be explained and signed off. I'm sure the code was frozen quite a while back.

The 3rd party developers are, and will always be, our best bet for new features. I hope that Apple eventually recognizes this and becomes more open to 3rd party development. I know, just a dream.

nioted

Jul 21, 2007
the delay is probably because they are trying to find a way to relock the phone. Image the European carriers seeing this and telling Apple they need to relock the phones or else the pull out the deal. They give in to all of Apple's demands and all of a sudden someone can just buy the iPhone and use it at a competitors service.

jakkyl

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Delay?!?! What delay would you be referring to? Nobody (except for rumor mongers) ever said anything about when 1.1.1 would be released. It will come out when it comes out and it will have whatever features it has. End of story.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

it will be version 1.2
What?! No copy and paste?!?!

propynyl

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
It will come out when it comes out and it will have whatever features it has. End of story.
Wow, that's very profound. "It is what it is, and will be what it will be. It will come out when it comes out, and do what it will do..." YAWN

Bottom line: There really is not much to look forward to in this update anyway, one can only hope for a decent iPhone update in the future. We're not ENTITLED to a feature-filled update, but it would be nice, and no doubt many people are holding back from buying the iPhone because of the "missing features."

I guarantee adding MMS, MS Office editing support, copy/paste, and a more robust calendar/email apps will sell many more phones than the Wifi Music Store. A decent update makes fiscal sense.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Wow, that's very profound. "It is what it is, and will be what it will be. It will come out when it comes out, and do what it will do..." YAWN

Bottom line: There really is not much to look forward to in this update anyway, one can only hope for a decent iPhone update in the future. We're not ENTITLED to a feature-filled update, but it would be nice, and no doubt many people are holding back from buying the iPhone because of the "missing features."

I guarantee adding MMS, MS Office editing support, copy/paste, and a more robust calendar/email apps will sell many more phones than the Wifi Music Store. A decent update makes fiscal sense.
Why would Apple add all of that. Apple never marketed this phone as a businesss tool. Remember, no adding the iPhone to businesss accounts? Why do you think that is? I wish people would stop all the "update crying". Enjoy the freaking phone for what it is, or take the bull by the horns and update it yourselves with AppTapp or iBrickr, but please, please stop crying about updates, it's really getting old! M

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I will keep dreaming and wishing and hoping though, cause i know soon Steve will decend from the iclouds like the second coming of jesus, and shower me with all the fun and productive little apps that i need to make my life fullfilling and worth living, because as i am now, im never satisfied, i need more and more until i vomit out diodes and 3g crap, like the little puke i am......somebody help me, without an update soon im gonna lose it, i might go postal, im affraid, ....Jobs, where the hell are you man,, how much longer must i wait, ....everything looks dark now....must.....engage...in mind numbing techno babble for....alittle....while...longer.....spock where are you! Spocccckkkkkkkk!

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
o my god you people are dreaming! There will be no update outside of stupid bug fixes. Thats it. You got it all right now. NO UPDATE from Apple. Keep dreaming...
Once again, ad nauseum, I will say that I'd be thrilled to just get some 'stupid bug fixes'. But it seems more likely all the time that we will get nothing that we will not pay for in the form of iPhone2.

eggdesign

Sep 11, 2007
Wait for Leopard

Once again, ad nauseum, I will say that I'd be thrilled to just get some 'stupid bug fixes'. But it seems more likely all the time that we will get nothing that we will not pay for in the form of iPhone2.
My guess is that no major features released until Leopard (October). Until then wifi iTunes and bug fixes....

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Delay?!?! What delay would you be referring to? Nobody (except for rumor mongers) ever said anything about when 1.1.1 would be released. It will come out when it comes out and it will have whatever features it has. End of story.
I believe that SJ said that the update would be "later this month" when they did the big announcement of the wireless iTunes thing. So we are running out of days in the month and unless they really changed direction, we should see it soon.