Could The Included Earbuds Be Causing the Static?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I have read many post in reference to low volume and static during calls. I figured I better give the phone a serious workout today to investigate. I haven't used the phone feature much (hardly at all) on the iPhone. I have been working off my other three cellphones. I have mostly used the web browser and iPod features, since purchase. Since both of those features worked great. I figured the phone feature worked also. I made a lot of calls in different areas using my iPhone today. I noticed that there is very low in call volume, but the other person can hear me crystal clear (while holding the handset to my ear). I just couldn't hear them. I then used the earbuds (included with the iPhone) and everyone I talked to complained about hearing static. I could hear them very loud though (through the earbuds).

I noticed that when plugging in the earbuds. I would hear a lot of static until the shaft (the male end of the earbud cord, into the female end of the phone) was firmly in place. I then wondered could it be the earbuds are making a bad connection? I also wondered if the receptacle (female end) on the phone that accepts the earbuds may be faulty. Has anyone that is having this problem, replaced the earbuds and got better results? I know the volume issue will have to be solved through an update. I would, until that time, like to be able to use the earbuds, but to much static. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanking you in advance for your reply...M

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Update on Static and Low Volume/ Acrylic Cases

I went to The Apple Store (in Salt Lake City) (very cool people and place) today. I waited happily and patiently 2 1/2 hours for the Apple Genius. The Genius, checked the low volume and static issue on my iPhone. He gave me a new pair of earbuds (which greatly reduced the static). He conceded that the only thing he could do for the volume, was replace the phone. I asked him was the volume issue going to be fixed by the first update. He honestly (since Apple is so tight lipped about any updates) told me that he really didn't know.

I decided against switching my phone for a replacement. I only have the low volume issue (new earbuds solved the static):laugh2:. I did not want to take the chance of getting a replacement that, may or may not have various other issues (my luck has never been good in Vegas). I can live with the low volume. I always use a headset anyway. Hopefully, Apple will do something about it in the update, but for right now, I'm satisfied.

While I waited in The Apple Store (My fault for not making an appt.). I did purchase the INCASE black, rubber protective cover. I hated to cover my baby (iPhone) in rubber, but I needed some protection. It seems almost criminal, to cover up the Beautiful Design of the phone. Unfortunately, you really have no other choice (if you want to protect your phone). I also purchased the, crystal film set (screen protector) by Power Support. I mentioned that because of this. I had the acrylic clear case on my iPhone. Luckily, I never took the thin clear screen protector off the phone, when I bought it. All the clear acylic cases, allow debis to gather betwen the phone and the case. This causes your phone to be scratched, as well as a build up of white mass, between the phone and case. Not very Chic at all. Even the Apple Rep told me, everyone was returning the acrylic cases, because of that reason. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, STAY AWAY FROM THE CLEAR ACRYLIC CASES!:mad:

As a Footnote: As always, my exprience at The Apple Store was a very pleasant one. The Apple reps, were very friendly, professional and helpful. I almost forgot, if you just have the static issue. Any Apple Rep in the store will replace your earbuds. No need to wait for the Apple Genius...M:laugh2:

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Thanks for the update.. looks like you had some lemon ear buds... Also, i gotta give you a +1 on the acrylic cases... Scratched my iPhone...