Could the iPhone cause you to switch to a Mac?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Could the iPhone cause you to switch to a Mac?

• I already switched to a Mac

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • I might consider switching to a Mac

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • I would never consider switching to a Mac

Votes: 18 17.3%

• Total voters

Cali

Jul 1, 2007
I am seriously thinking about switching from pc to mac. Probably buy a mac pro and the new imac (when it released). I just don't know if I will be able to get use to a completely new OS after almost 15 years with pc (including building my own systems).
IS IT REALLY THAT GOOD.

Cali

Sell224

Jul 5, 2007
I would never switch to a mac. Maaybe if I ever had the urge to buy a laptop I would get a macbook pro or something, but a desktop? nahh

I'm content spending hundreds if not thousands less building my own PC that I have complete control over. I also like the fact that I can play any Computer game on my computer :).

mark1k

Jun 27, 2007
I looked at the imacs at an Apple store for the first time in my life right before the iPhone launch. I was very impressed. After using my iPhone since launch day and being totally impressed by it as well, I am ready to make the switch.

Coincidentally, my businesss lease for my Dell desktop expires this month. It is time to replace it, and it will be replaced with an iMac. I would have already bought it if it hadn't been for the new product line rumors. If new iMacs are announced today, I will buy one the day they are available.

For me, at least, the iPhone is doing just what Apple intended, reaching new customers for their other product lines.

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
Piece of Crap!

I thought about switching to mac before I even knew the iPhone existed. I bought an HP Pavilion laptop (windows XP)with every upgrade known to man. The first night, after I was done setting it up and registering it and all, I went to shut it down and it wouldn't shut down. I had to do a hard shut down. This problem continued on and off for over a year. Then, one of my buddies came across a press release from Microsoft. It stated something to the effect of that Microsoft was aware of the problem and that the best possible solution to avoid "hard shut downs" was to put the computer into a hibernate mode.

A hibernate mode? I can't shut it down when I want to? No patch to fix it?

It was at that point that I decided that January 2008 I would get myself a Mac laptop. I figure, by that time, Jaguar should be in full swing.

But tell me, what is the difference between Mac book and Mac book PRO?

Fred

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I would consider it, but I just bought a new Dell laptop before I bought the iPhone. Would be a senseless impulse buy to make the switch now. no complaints with my PC really.

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
Well, I'm out of the whole microsoft deal! By the fall, early winter when Jaguar gets installed....thats when I'll purchase. It feels good to be getting out of the firm corporate grip of microsoft, who, has for too long subjected the masses to mediocre, flawed technology.

Fred

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I recently bought a 17" macbook pro and I love it. After being a windows user all my life, I have to say that everything about the mac is better in my opinion. You can even run windows on it if you need software that is only windows compatible. It is the best of both worlds.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Well, I'm out of the whole microsoft deal! By the fall, early winter when Jaguar gets installed....thats when I'll purchase. It feels good to be getting out of the firm corporate grip of microsoft, who, has for too long subjected the masses to mediocre, flawed technology.

Fred
Leopard Fred ... Leopard. Some of the new features will be very nice. Especially Time Machine, Spaces and improved Widgets.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

I would consider it, but I just bought a new Dell laptop before I bought the iPhone. Would be a senseless impulse buy to make the switch now. no complaints with my PC really.
I didn't let my recent purchases stop me from getting a Mac. Last December I had bought a HPDV6000 dual core and was pretty happy with it, it processed video in half the time that it took my HPZD8000 3.0 GHZ laptop. I just hated all the crashes especially with IE on certain websites. When IE needs to close, it doesn't just close that one browser, 99% of the time, they all gotta close. :mad: So I had the new laptop back in December. I had just also upgraded the ram on the ZD8000 to two gigs and was excited about that.

Another problem with the Windows laptop, last night I put it into hibernate with some Windows open and instead of hibernating, it reboots losing everything I had open. That has happened many times.

On my desk now, I have my most excellent MacBook Pro and my DV6000. I have them both on all the time but for reliability, important things get done on the Mac now.