Could This Happen With Mobile Me?

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
Nope. Your contacts are saved to the phone itself...doesn't seem like the Sidekicks contacts are saved to the actual phone, but rather the phone talks to a "provider" to get that information.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, with mobileme your contacts are saved to the "cloud" in addition to each device you set up with mobileme. Even if somehow Apple's servers lose your data, you can just resync your most up-to-date device to replace it all.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Just back them up on your computer. I use google sync for everything (similar to mobileme) and you can export your contacts to csv or whatever format you need and upload into another program or cloud.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
That is still a scary situation. The thing that bothers me the most is where is the redundancy server? Please don't tell me that T-Mobile was foolish enough to think that they didn't need a backup plan.
In my office where information is more than key, we have 2 off-site redundancy setups. Loss of data can result in millions lost in the first 4 hours.
I believe that Sidekick users are due at least 2 months service for free.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
That is still a scary situation. The thing that bothers me the most is where is the redundancy server? Please don't tell me that T-Mobile was foolish enough to think that they didn't need a backup plan.
In my office where information is more than key, we have 2 off-site redundancy setups. Loss of data can result in millions lost in the first 4 hours.
I believe that Sidekick users are due at least 2 months service for free.
http://gizmodo.com/5381081/the-cause-of-the-great-sidekick-fiasco-all-signs-point-to-sabotage