Could this solve the line problems?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

slgynn29

Bronze
May 23, 2007
do you think Apple and AT&T would hand out number cards or something so the line wouldn't be totally out of control all day?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I read somewhere that they'll pass out a chit for every iPHone they have in stock while the store is closed. When the store reopens, if you have a chit, you get an iPhone. If you don't, then you're SOL.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
what time are you guys going to wait in line? anyone goin on the 28th?
I'll be checking to see if there's traffic on the 28th. If there is, I'll pull the folding chair out of the trunk. I don't want to be too deep in the line. You never know exactly how many they'll have. I would hate to be #21 in line and find out they only have 20 to sell.:mad:

jordan

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Oklahoma
tru, ill probably go on the 28th as well, only bad thing for me is i have to drive 1 hour to the nearest corporate att store, and hour and 10 min to the nearest Apple store..

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yeah. Just imagine what you could sell your chit for if you're at the back of the line after everyone else leaves that didn't get one. Say some tech crazed doctor comes up in scrubs straight from surgery and realizes that he's been shut out. He might turn to you and say, "I'll go $800 for your chit." :eek:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah. Just imagine what you could sell your chit for if you're at the back of the line after everyone else leaves that didn't get one. Say some tech crazed doctor comes up in scrubs straight from surgery and realizes that he's been shut out. He might turn to you and say, "I'll go $800 for your chit." :eek:
Haha omg that would be one of the worst decisions ever to have to make. This happened to me when I was waiting in line for the PS3 except I was first in line and a pre-dental student wanted a PS3 really bad. Offered me $1,000 cash for my spot but I REALLY wanted the PS3 so I passed and I will do the exact same for the iPhone.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Haha omg that would be one of the worst decisions ever to have to make. This happened to me when I was waiting in line for the PS3 except I was first in line and a pre-dental student wanted a PS3 really bad. Offered me $1,000 cash for my spot but I REALLY wanted the PS3 so I passed and I will do the exact same for the iPhone.
My mom is gonna sell her spot! lol. Along with the 7 friends i convinced to come with me. lol.:p

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
i really don't think it will get to camping out on the 28th im getting in line atfer lunch at like 1 oclock at the Apple store if i cant get one ill wait

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
I'm going to be stalking my local store. If I see a line forming and getting crazy, I'll call my friend to take my son and then head in line.

I hope they do the chits though. It makes things so much easier. Stores around here did that for the Wii madness that happens every time a shipment comes in.