Could use your help, giving status updates a go

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Status updates are an interesting feature that we've dabbled with here in the past. It's not necessarily content you'd post in the forum, save for maybe the Good Morning Thread, but it's a way to check with members of the community on your status.

Like Twitter, you have 140 characters. So help me give it a go. Post your status today.

To help spur activity, I'm taking over the sidebar throughout the forum today. This is only temporary to help make folks aware of this new, yet old feature.

Like it, hate it. Unsure. Feedback as always is welcome.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I like the idea but not the implementation, if I am honest. Since I have a 15" screen, the browser page is small enough, and now with the status update tab, even the threads are like half of the page and very small. It would have been better if the Status Updates bar was, perhaps, expandable or something like the Notifications bar in Mountain Lion, if you know what I mean? As in it doesn't have to be visible at all times, but can be by the click of a button that would expand and then contract. Just a suggestion.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I like the idea but not the implementation, if I am honest. Since I have a 15" screen, the browser page is small enough, and now with the status update tab, even the threads are like half of the page and very small. It would have been better if the Status Updates bar was, perhaps, expandable or something like the Notifications bar in Mountain Lion, if you know what I mean? As in it doesn't have to be visible at all times, but can be by the click of a button that would expand and then contract. Just a suggestion.

To help spur activity, I'm taking over the sidebar throughout the forum today. This is only temporary to help make folks aware of this new, yet old feature.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Woops.. just got back from university, I guess I am tired. Haha!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Wow.. I actually forgot how to update my status. Any help? :D

EDIT: Just checked this but apparently I don't have that status box that is mentioned. I am using Chrome on Mac.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Weird, because you are both in the proper usergroup. Hmmmm...:confused:

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Can I do it in the app? I never have done this site online lol thanks! I like this idea!

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Ok I updated my status and posted it. Where do you actually see your status posted? Disregard I see it.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Chris,

I am Pacific std time but my updates seem to show Eastern std time. Do all status updates log in as Eastern std time? Disregard I should have checked the status post. The time was corrected.

Thanks

Jerry