Could we get a "Cancel" button in the "full-fledged" editor?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
After I pubish a post, I often go back and re-read what I wrote. This is to make sure all my Is are dotted and my Ts crossed.

So, getting to the point… If I find any errors, like that I linked to the wrong URL, or that I made a careless grammatical mistake because I was typing a bit faster than my brain was thinking, then I go back to editing my post to fix whatever needs fixing.

If you edit your post by clicking on the pencil icon,

pi.jpg

you can modify your post all you want and then if you desire to discard the changes, there is a Cancel button.
ed1.jpg

But if you then click on More Options to get access to the full array of editing tools, there is no Cancel button there (see screen capture below). Sometimes I’ve made a decent amount of edits to my post, only to realize that my post was probably perfectly fine in the first place. Also, sometimes I just want to get rid of any edits that I made and start at the beginning again. I find myself wishing there were a Cancel button in the "full-featured" editor. If I click on Save Changes to get out of the full-featured editor, I end up saving unwanted changes.

ed2.jpg

Could we get a “cancel” button there too at the full-screen editor, @chris ??

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide! (y)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If I recall, you shouldn't have editing privileges, at all. I'm guessing that's a feature offered to a certain membership level.

I'll have to look at XenForo's handling of this feature. This being a core feature, there's not much I can do if it's part of the platform.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
We shouldn't have editing privileges… to our own posts? It's been there for years now :)
This is an old spam tactic. Post something in keeping with forum policy. Wait a few months, go back to thread and add your spam link when no one is watching.