couple of Mail questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 30, 2007
If is setup gmail on my iPhone, every time I get an e-mail, will I basically be charged a text message?
and when I reply to an e-mail, does it also count as a text message?

Basically, my question is does the Mail feature run off of wi-fi / EDGE or is it more like text messages?

Also, how do I set up outlook e-mail for work?
All I got from my IT guy was this:

expert.companyname.com
and the IP address

one last question, can I have both my personal gmail and work outlook e-mail be sent to my iPhone?

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
mail usage is covered with unlimited edge access or wifi when available. Text messages are covered with 200 with the basic plan, more can be added. Yes you can have multiple email accounts with iPhone but ypur description of ypur work email is too vague. Good day.

Jun 30, 2007
Ok, so I have EDGE disabled
So I will only be able to receive and send e-mail when connected to wi-fi right?
There’s no way I’ll get charged text messages when I send e-mail through the Mail feature right?

Also, what other info will I need to add my work e-mail?

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
E-mail uses Data ( either Edge or Wifi ) which is covered by your 20 dollar unlimited data iPhone plan and will not effect your SMS.
Fire your IT guy, he/she either doesn't want to help you or doesn't know what their talking about.
1. You will need to know if you are using a enterprise exchange server.. If yes, you will be using IMAP which you will deffinately need to get information from your IT people since they only know the address of the mail serever.
2. If it is a POP3 Mail server you will need to know the incoming and outgoing mail server addresses, your login name and password.
- Its all pretty much straight forward fill in the blanks in the mail set up inside the iPhone, if your not sure what to ask, Show the setup screen to your IT people. They should know the information, if not you need new IT people.

Jun 30, 2007
yes, i showed him the screen, he said all i should need is the address of the mail server and the IP address
i think we might need a new IT guy :(