Couple of questions!

jakub123

May 8, 2008
Hi Folks, first let me apologise for being iPhone dense! That over with, there are two questions I'd like to post:

1)I have the phone on virgin payg (until I can afford otherwise) and would like to tap into free wifi, like there is at the college where I work. The problem is, i don't know how you do this without paying. I tried earlier and ate up all my payg credit - i thought it was free! I don't know if the EDge aspect kicks on or what. Can anybody help/explain how I get into free wifi?

2) Aslo, I have a lot of music that I didn't buy through iTunes, does that mean i can't have album art, as I can't get album art in the normal way for some reason?

Very many thanks in anticipation of your advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Hi Folks, first let me apologise for being iPhone dense! That over with, there are two questions I'd like to post:

1)I have the phone on virgin payg (until I can afford otherwise) and would like to tap into free wifi, like there is at the college where I work. The problem is, i don't know how you do this without paying. I tried earlier and ate up all my payg credit - i thought it was free! I don't know if the EDge aspect kicks on or what. Can anybody help/explain how I get into free wifi?

2) Aslo, I have a lot of music that I didn't buy through iTunes, does that mean i can't have album art, as I can't get album art in the normal way for some reason?

Very many thanks in anticipation of your advice!
Welcome to EIC. :)

1. Using WiFi doesn't require EDGE and should not be charging for data use. Make sure you do in fact of WiFi. If the signal is too low, your iPhone will default back to EDGE. That may explain your charged data use.

2. Regarding album art, I have the same problem when I rip my music from CDs. The easiest solution is to google the album, download the cover art, and add it the album or track you have in your iTunes library.

jakub123

May 8, 2008
Many thanks, Larry. Is it poss to delete/uninstall Edge (I'll reinstall later if needed!

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Many thanks, Larry. Is it poss to delete/uninstall Edge (I'll reinstall later if needed!
I haven't tried it, but I believe there is a 3rd party application which can let you switch EDGE off.

You will need to jailbreak your iPhone for this to work.