Coverflow crash?

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
On another iPhone group that I subcribe to someone, had a issue with the iPhone 3g crashing when in coverflow mode. So I grabbed my iPhone and tried it out and low and behold IT CRASHED! I went into the iPod, played a track, turned my iPhone sideways to activate coverflow, swiped a few covers down the list and tapped it, the cover I tap disappears, the ipod freezes as does the song, and then I am taken back to the homescreen. So, in essense the iPhone 3g isn't even worth a damn as a iPod. Does anyone else have this problem?

BLIK

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
No Problem here

cover flow works fine for me with no crashes

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Same here, no problem.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
I was hoping a restore would fix it, I actually ended up only needed to do a sync, I just did a sync and coverflow went back to working. But I am going to keep testing it to make sure it's not crashing anymore.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
all you probably needed to do was reboot, but i agree an iPhone cant be called an ipod anymore because all accessories that are built for ipods wont work at all with the 3g

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I use the iPod on my phone pretty extensively and have yet to have any issues with it. As for accessories all of my old v1 accessories work perfectly fine with my 3G.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
but i agree an iPhone cant be called an ipod anymore
:cool:...and I thought my iPhone was only an iPod, since it was the only piece of software that has been reliable and has had no issues.:cool:

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Since when do iPod accessories (other than cases) not work with the iPhone?
plug in a radio tuner or car adapter to a 3g and you'll see a message say this accessory id designed for ipod only "charging not supported" do a search on the forums if you doubt me

VTDr0p0ut

Aug 18, 2008
Older iPod accessories that used the 12V firewire do not charge the iPhone. Newer accessories that power the 5V USB lead on the adapter work just fine. Most will still give you grief about RF interference, but any GSM device is going to do that...

guz

Jan 25, 2009
mine crashes too

I've been having the same problem. Once I added artwork to all my music and synced it, my iPhone 3g crashes while browsing albums in coverflow mode. i've shut down my phone and restarted it numerous times, but the problem persists. I can get it to happen every time (almost always before i've browsed 40 albums or so).

has anyone found a fix for this or does anyone have any suggestions for me to try besides restarting? (not jailbroken.)

thanks!

davemars

Jan 20, 2009
no problems with that.. but i am having problems with the album artwork disappearing

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
It happens to me sometimes but it never crashes. All I do is swipe to the left or right and the image comes back. Then I play the song.