Coverflow Question?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
i have finished updating my coverflow on iTunes and noticed something which made me concerned....
i had multiple songs of diff. albums lets use for example Stadium Arcadium (red hot chili peppers),
but for everysong, there was a picture of the album, it wasn't all grouped in 1 pic...
i was curious that will the iPhone have all the songs under 1 album picture, or will there be multiple pics of that album?

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
My coverflow does it too... I cant seem to get them to group together as one album...:oops: No spelling errors either...

BoxKrait

Bronze
May 16, 2007
My coverflow does it too... I cant seem to get them to group together as one album...:oops: No spelling errors either...
Capitalization matters, and make sure there are no extra spaces in the middle and at the end of them. Also make sure the pictures are all the same picture file, and not different.
Not sure on that last one, but it might make a difference.

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
I didn't enter in the info, or the cover art, iTunes did... So capitaliztion should not have been an issue...

BoxKrait

Bronze
May 16, 2007
Try selecting all the songs in one album.
Right click on one(I have a PC).
Click on Song Info on the drop down menu.
Check the Checkbox for Album. Enter the Album name.
Check the Checkbox next to the Album Art, and if blank, choose the Album Art.
Click Done, or Okay, whatever is there.
It might pop up a box asking if you want to change the information for multiple files. If it does, click okay.

That might work.. Other than my suggestions earlier, or this one, I'm lost.

Edit: Entering the track numbers out of how many tracks might help as well.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I have had this problem in the past. It is usually caused by having small differences in the album or artist name that aren't easy to see. The most common that I have found is having a space (" ") at the end of the album name or artist. The easiest way to fix this is to follow BoxKrait's advice. Select all the songs that make up an album and edit the artist and album name fields. This assures that all songs have the exact same info.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Make sure you don't(unless you want to) have anything in the spot for album artist. If you want to, just make sure that all the songs have it. iTunes is picky like that. Drives me nuts on my iPod when I have multiple "50 Cents" on my artists list.:(

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
:(Apparently, if a song is "featuring" another artist, it will show as another cd...
Yes that is possible. The tag for each song has an "Artist" and an "Album Artist" field. I am not sure what the logic is behind that, but if two songs from an album have the same "Artist" but different "Album Artists" they can appear as different albums. There is a check box in preferences "Group Compilations when browsing" that may change this, I don't know for sure though.