Coverflow!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
i just finished updating all the album covers on my iTunes...
to anyone looking to kill time on the release date wait...
update your iTunes artwork...it helps..and it looks nice when its done ;)

May 6, 2007
United States
Yeah, this is relatively easy to do with iTunes. If you do the "Get album artwork" option, iTunes will retrieve about 80-90% of your album art. For the ones that it cannot find, you can either deal without having it or try to find the artwork manually.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I think it all goes back to the track details. IF the tracks were saved with the correct details, iTunes will be able to find them and add the correct album art.

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
I think someone else posted an application that will do this if iTunes dosn't get it all for you.
It's called TuneSleeve. I'm surprised at the accuracy of it. It finds album art based on the artist. My mp3s prior only have "artist - song name" with no tags but it found album art for a LARGE portion just from that info. Might not be the right cover per the song, but you'd have a cover to show off.

Right now it's my backup plan, I'm going through all of my songs with MediaMonkey now to get all the correct tag info and album covers. Tedious, but I want the iPhone to shine when I show it off. :laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:
May 6, 2007
United States
I think it all goes back to the track details. IF the tracks were saved with the correct details, iTunes will be able to find them and add the correct album art.
Yes, the info can play a part. As long as you make sure the info is right, iTunes should be able to find most of your songs. However, there is the occasional album/song that iTunes does not have in its store. This means that iTunes will not automatically find it and you have to get the album artwork manually.