cox.net to Gmail

dcounts

Jan 20, 2009
Help! I purchased an iPhone yesterday and cannot get my emails. I have a cox.net email account and the lady at AT&T told me that cox is not very user friendly when it comes to iPhones. She suggested I create a gmail account, which I did, and forward my cox mail to the gmail and then set up the gmail on my iPhone. Did all that...and nothing. Anybody have an ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Prasket

Jan 21, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Cox works fine with iPhones and they actually have step by step instructions on setting up an iPhone with their service. I have setup my girl friends dads to use with his cox email and he has not had any problems. Why create yet another email address when the one you use is cox. Sounds like the AT&T lady had no businesss telling you this, especially since she was probably just a sales lady.. Here is the link for my local cox email setup

http://support.cox.com/sdccommon/as...sprt_cid=158115c0-571b-4cad-a21d-28e74c663906

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
Help! I purchased an iPhone yesterday and cannot get my emails. I have a cox.net email account and the lady at AT&T told me that cox is not very user friendly when it comes to iPhones. She suggested I create a gmail account, which I did, and forward my cox mail to the gmail and then set up the gmail on my iPhone. Did all that...and nothing. Anybody have an ideas?

Thanks in advance!
That lady was VERY mistaken! How about just plain wrong?
Cox.net works perfectly and is super easy to set up, period.