Cracked glass on iPhone

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Does any one know if Apple or a store will replace a cracked screen (glass) on my iPhone. Every thing still works great just sucks every time someone see's it thay say "dude did u crack youre screen" no shi* what gave you that idea the big as* crack in the front! If any one knows a store in Houston texas that replaces them let me know bc i don't want to mess with that im not to good with small parts.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If you take it to Apple they're going to charge you $250 to replace it. If you feel adventurous enough try replacing it yourself, should be cheaper.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Good point. But, if you're like me, a reverse engineer who can take things apart, but not put them back together again...Sort of like the mechanics from The Mask.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I would wait for the new model to come out in June before I would spend $250 to fix the original version.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I would wait for the new model to come out in June before I would spend $250 to fix the original version.
ColsTiger is absolutely right. This close to the update, I would try to find a way of living with your damaged device until then. Of course, if you need a new device now, you should by all means get the existing device fixed or replaced.