Cracked iPhone Screen?

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Cracked iPhone Screen

heres the deal.

(how to fix your iPhone for free)

call 1800 my Apple..

go through all the options till you get to the iPhone department.

tell them the speaker on your iPhone makes a crackling noise and you cant hear anythign out of it and need a replacement since its a manufacture defect and mention nothing about a cracked screen!.(a lot of people don't know this but there was a recall on the first generation speakers for lack of quality) so they will be anxtious to replace it for you no questions or tests asked.

operator will ttry to convince you to take it to an Apple store. Avoid this option at all costs! request for a mail in exchange. Apple hates this option because it is costly but be assertive and request hat everythign be done by mail. operator will set up an exchange system where they send out a loner phone for you by mail next day. service is exxcelent and you will receive a box with a loaner phone in it and a spot to put your shattered phone inside to send back.

Apple has a policy within its iPhone department that is basically this.. it cost more money to fix a particular phone within labor and parts and time that it is more effective to send out a new one then it is to repair it.This means they don't even examine the phone that u sent in. they scan the series of barcodes out side on the box and thats it. you get a new phone in te mail as soon as they receive the old one no questions asked. and heres soem good news for all of you 4gb iPhone users. Apple stopped making the 4 gig version so if you ask for an exchange because of your faulty speaker they will have no choice but to send you an 8 gig!

Note: when you call they will send you a lonaer phone that will cost 29 bucks a day… if you really are a penny pincher request to talk to a supervisor to waive the fee since its a manufacturer defect and u shudnt pay for a loaner. the rep cant waive it but the supervisor can.

furthermore, make sure u send the loaner phone back.. they will ask for a credit card to which they charge a dollar on to make sure it works. if the loaner is not received they charge 300 bucks plus a 50 dollar restockign fee.

so the loaner will cost u 350….

finally this willl only work if your an At&t customer…… don't even try this if your nto an AT&T customer.apple doesn't care much for non AT&T customers and will shaft you.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Very nice - and that 4GB replaced by an 8GB is an especially nice little bonus.

I take it you've got first-hand experience of this with your cracked phone?

How did you determine that this is their process for handling these items this way all the time? As in, did you get a great result one time, or are you fairly sure this should be the expected result every time ...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Seems like a long way to go for a lie. But that's just me.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Very nice - and that 4GB replaced by an 8GB is an especially nice little bonus.

I take it you've got first-hand experience of this with your cracked phone?

How did you determine that this is their process for handling these items this way all the time? As in, did you get a great result one time, or are you fairly sure this should be the expected result every time ...
Hello Sir,
I actually found this article on the internet
I just sent mine in a few days ago so when i get it back
i will tell you if this method works
good day

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Dude... morals, tact, decency... these are all things I've learned not to expect from you.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Hello Sir,
I actually found this article on the internet
I just sent mine in a few days ago so when i get it back
i will tell you if this method works
good day
Fair enough. What was the source of the article on the web? And good luck with it ...

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Dude... morals, tact, decency... these are all things I've learned not to expect from you.
No crap. That is why things cost so much. People cheating the system. If I crack the screen on my phone it is MY fault and I will pay to fix it. Cheating Apple out of a phone because you broke yours just adds to the overall cost every other consumer has to pay in the long run.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
hello sir,
i just googled it and this thread came up first lol
my power never ceases to amaze me ..anyway..
http://www.appleiPhonereview.com/news/iphone-cracked-glass/
like the 5th comment down

thanks
good day
Right. Reading through the comments there, one person followed that process and got a free replacement phone etc. One other person followed it and found that Apple did open the box and saw the screen damage and process *failed*.

I wouldn't call that very conclusive in terms of this process working. Think your original posts might want to mention you've not tried this yet, some have had success, others haven't etc. At the moment it reads (to me anyway) as if it is a pretty done deal ...

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Right. Reading through the comments there, one person followed that process and got a free replacement phone etc. One other person followed it and found that Apple did open the box and saw the screen damage and process *failed*.

I wouldn't call that very conclusive in terms of this process working. Think your original posts might want to mention you've not tried this yet, some have had success, others haven't etc. At the moment it reads (to me anyway) as if it is a pretty done deal ...
Hello Sir,
1 out of 2 aint bad
Good Day

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
I will have to try this. My screens been cracked for a couple months.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
*UPDATE*
I just received my iPhone, 2 days after i mailed in my old one....
It is an 8gb iPhone (same as my old one)
IT is BRAND NEW! in plastic not one defect or scratch anywhere on the phone
and best of all.....the screen is not cracked!
Today is a Good Day!

Dec 23, 2007
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
Well... I guess by never mentioning the crack in the screen, and you sending in the phone for repair, it was their choice to send a new phone. BUT, you didn't need a repair, and lied just to try to get a new phone because you cracked the screen?

Wow.

gregneedham

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
A cheat is a cheat. Must be fun looking in the mirror in the morning.

Of all the companies I don't want to rip off, it's the one that makes the products I make my living with....and the phone that I enjoy every time I use it.

Character is what you do when no one is looking. You should look into developing some.

Revs9k01

Jul 2, 2007
I am going to pass this information along to a budd of mines and see if he can get some help with his cracked screen. Thanks for the info!

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
*UPDATE*
I just received my iPhone, 2 days after i mailed in my old one....
It is an 8gb iPhone (same as my old one)
IT is BRAND NEW! in plastic not one defect or scratch anywhere on the phone
and best of all.....the screen is not cracked!
Today is a Good Day!
Some stupid questions. Did you pay for the loaner phone or did you get them to wave the loaner fee. Also did you put the phone in screen down? I read the artical that said how to get a new phone through recall and some people got rejected. Just wanted to know bc they have to open the box to makesure you put your iPhone in the box.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Some stupid questions. Did you pay for the loaner phone or did you get them to wave the loaner fee. Also did you put the phone in screen down? I read the artical that said how to get a new phone through recall and some people got rejected. Just wanted to know bc they have to open the box to makesure you put your iPhone in the box.
Hello Sir,
Nope i put the iPhone screen up
and smudged the screen a lil with my finger
and i rejected the loaner phone because i didn't need it
im glad i did because the iPhone came just 3 days after i sent it in.
Good Day